PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question, can anyone help???

kylestl
02-05-2013, 04:18 PM
I have a mak 90, ready for the underfolder but I can't find just the chinese underfolders for sale, can anyone help me? Thanks!

Kyle

imanaknut
02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I would try gunbroker. Granted a bidding war could push the price up, but I have gotten lucky there more than a few times.

mack8384
02-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Did you try Poly Technologies? They might have an underfolder laying around. Sometimes if it is not listed you can call them and they might find what you are looking for buried under the warehouse.

Full Otto
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
http://www.ak47world.com/

halfway down the page
99.99 + shipping

kylestl
02-05-2013, 11:29 PM
thanks guys! I will start looking and yeah I called the ak47 world guy and he said he was sold out of them and didn't know when they would get them back in. This was a few weeks ago, guess I should try again. Thanks again guys.

Full Otto
02-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Kind of had a feeling
Here's a similar thread from Oct
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?20202-looking-for-underfolder-for-a-mak-or
Two left and 10 bucks cheaper at that time.

They seem to have some hard to get stuff there, might be worth checking back with them from time to time.
I like the Chinese wood stocks they get in from Finland

Those underfolders are pretty hard to find, good luck

kylestl
02-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Yeah my MAK is already ready to go for an underfolder so I figure why not. I wish I had the straight cut but beggers can't be choosers!
Kind of had a feeling
Here's a similar thread from Oct
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?20202-looking-for-underfolder-for-a-mak-or
Two left and 10 bucks cheaper at that time.

They seem to have some hard to get stuff there, might be worth checking back with them from time to time.
I like the Chinese wood stocks they get in from Finland

Those underfolders are pretty hard to find, good luck

imanaknut
02-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Yeah my MAK is already ready to go for an underfolder so I figure why not. I wish I had the straight cut but beggers can't be choosers!

If your MAK-90 has the receiver that if it wasn't for a sick president, would have been a Norinco 56S-1, ie with the holes for the underfolding stock, it will have a slant cut rear receiver with an underfolder trunion / cover and the stock tang welded on for the Bush-hole stock. All Chinese underfolders had the slant cut rear part of the receivers. That is one of the few things you can say about all Chinese AKM variants.

So actually if you have a MAK-90 with the underfolder receiver, having a slant cut is a good thing. :D

kylestl
02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Really? I am just beginning to really understand chinese ak's. It says Mak 90 on it but its got the bayonet lugs ground down but the threaded muzzle is there but the threads probably need to be touched up. I just have to get rid of that stupid thumbhole stock. I got pretty lucky and was actually able to grab it for less then WASRs are going for now. Another quick question for you. Not that it really matters but is there any way to tell if ak mags are chinese too? It came with a steel 40 rounder. It doesn't have the metal that metal ridge like my polish mags do but I couldn't find any markings on it either. Thanks!
If your MAK-90 has the receiver that if it wasn't for a sick president, would have been a Norinco 56S-1, ie with the holes for the underfolding stock, it will have a slant cut rear receiver with an underfolder trunion / cover and the stock tang welded on for the Bush-hole stock. All Chinese underfolders had the slant cut rear part of the receivers. That is one of the few things you can say about all Chinese AKM variants.

So actually if you have a MAK-90 with the underfolder receiver, having a slant cut is a good thing. :D

imanaknut
02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Not all Chinese mags were marked, but if it doesn't have a ridge or spine as some call it, you can be pretty sure it is Chinese. Just to throw that old "the only rule with Chinese AK variants was there were no rules", there were a few Chinese made mags that did have ridges. These can be told from the European mags by the fact that they had the standard two ridges parallel to the floor plate that continue onto the narrow part of the front of the mag. The Yugoslavians also had two parallel ridges above the floor plate but they do not continue onto the front part of the mag.

Yes, AK variants can drive you crazy when you start seeing the zillions of variations available.

Oh, not sure about it's value, but a 40 round Chinese mag is not easy to come by and valued by many who collect Chinese AK stuff. Also, if you got it for less than what WASRs are going for these days, you did great!!!