PDA

View Full Version : Stacking The Gun Issue In The State Of Union Address

recon
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Once again the anti gun people are trying to stack the deck against us during this state of the union address!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/us/politics/congressman-jim-langevins-personal-quest-on-guns.html?_r=0

Dr. Gonzo GED
02-10-2013, 11:31 AM
So a cop has an ND and this guy winds up paralysed?

Why isn't he trying to dissarm police then?

Krupski
02-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Once again the anti gun people are trying to stack the deck against us during this state of the union address!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/us/politics/congressman-jim-langevins-personal-quest-on-guns.html?_r=0

Two officers were standing in the locker room admiring a new .45-caliber semiautomatic pistol. Thinking the chamber was empty, one of them pulled the trigger. A bullet ricocheted off a locker and went right through the boy’s neck, severing his spinal cord.

OK, "highly trained" cops ignore a fundamental gun handling rule, have a negligent discharge resulting in a horrible injury to a person and that's a "gun violence" issue?

Just shows how desperate the anti-gun crowd really is. They're losing.

Even the "Sandy Hook" Hollywood production hasn't convinced the general public that guns kill.

Amazingly, even the average dumbass American knows that it takes a DERANGED PERSON to use a tool to kill people and that the tool itself does nothing.

The antis have played their trump card ("Sandy Hook") and lost.

Oh, and notice how they say "semiautomatic" pistol as if "semiautomatic" is the "new evil".

Warthogg
02-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Now, three decades later and seven terms into his career as one of Rhode Island’s two members of the House of Representatives, Mr. Langevin, 48, is the only quadriplegic ever to serve in Congress. And his story, unknown to many of those who work with him every day in the Capitol, has thrust him into the raging national debate over gun control.

For the past month, he has been on a quiet campaign to persuade his colleagues to give up their guest passes to next Tuesday’s State of the Union address by President Obama so that victims of gun violence can attend.

That way, he said, when the nation’s highest officeholders look up from the floor of the House to those watching from the gallery, they will not be able to avoid seeing the human toll that guns can exact.

Maybe we oughta dig up a few doers shot in the comission of a crime. Just to balance the visual you understand.

Wart

Krupski
02-10-2013, 11:34 AM
So a cop has an ND and this guy winds up paralysed?

Why isn't he trying to dissarm police then?

You know why. I know why. We know why.

It's not a "safety" issue. It's a "citizen control" issue.

Disarm the public and "they" can do anything they desire.

Warthogg
02-10-2013, 11:46 AM
It's not a "safety" issue. It's a "citizen control" issue.

Yup.......even in the earliest days of gun control "citizen control" was the issue. Of course the goal back then was to control that segment of the population called 'Negroes' and most others paid little attention.

Wart

Krupski
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Yup.......even in the earliest days of gun control "citizen control" was the issue. Of course the goal back then was to control that segment of the population called 'Negroes' and most others paid little attention.

Wart

One of the first "gun laws" (the Sullivan Act of 1911 in New York) required "police issued" licenses to carry a handgun - given out at the discretion of the police - and the discretion was selective: No blacks, no Jews, no immigrants, no people who could be a threat to Tim Sullivan and his Irish mobsters.

Typical politics even back then... a criminal becomes a politician, then abuses the position for his own benefit... and at the expense of everyone else.

alismith
02-10-2013, 03:09 PM
OK, "highly trained" cops ignore a fundamental gun handling rule, have a negligent discharge resulting in a horrible injury to a person and that's a "gun violence" issue?

Just shows how desperate the anti-gun crowd really is. They're losing.

Even the "Sandy Hook" Hollywood production hasn't convinced the general public that guns kill.

Amazingly, even the average dumbass American knows that it takes a DERANGED PERSON to use a tool to kill people and that the tool itself does nothing.

The antis have played their trump card ("Sandy Hook") and lost.

Oh, and notice how they say "semiautomatic" pistol as if "semiautomatic" is the "new evil".

That's the scary part, right there. If Sandyhook didn't work, then what's their next killing spree? I'm sure they're working on this as we sit here talking about it.

LAGC
02-10-2013, 03:45 PM
That's the scary part, right there. If Sandyhook didn't work, then what's their next killing spree? I'm sure they're working on this as we sit here talking about it.

That's just it. I can't think of a possibly worse massacre than what happened at Sandy Hook... little defenseless kids getting executed at point-blank range.

The antis are trying their hardest to capitalize off of the tragedy, but when all the dust settles, what really will change? Universal background checks? Please...

They're through. The antis have done blew their load, and now they are spent! The gun control movement will never recover after failing here.

Krupski
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
That's just it. I can't think of a possibly worse massacre than what happened at Sandy Hook... little defenseless kids getting executed at point-blank range.

The antis are trying their hardest to capitalize off of the tragedy, but when all the dust settles, what really will change? Universal background checks? Please...

They're through. The antis have done blew their load, and now they are spent! The gun control movement will never recover after failing here.

I really believe that NO kids got killed. It was a training exercise that doubled as a false flag "tragedy" in order to help 0bama's gun grab plans.

There are SO many things wrong with all the evidence that it simply cannot be real.

I'm sorry, but the parents of a small child who was supposedly murdered in the most gruesome manner does not appear on TV smiling and laughing. And it's not just "Robbie Parker". Other parents were doing TV interviews completely calm and smiling.

The weapon found in the trunk of the car (as seen by the blurry overhead video) may or may not have been a shotgun, but it sure as hell wasn't an AR-15 - unless an AR-15 has a SIDE BOLT HANDLE!

I could go on and on, but all the evidence is out there to watch on YouTube and other places. SO much is wrong that it can't possibly be real.

The ONLY thing about "Sandy Hook" that makes sense is that it led to a rash of hand wringing and gun grabbing legislation (the original reason for extending a training exercise into a Hollywood production - IMHO).

And, yes the gun grabbers spent all their chips on one bet... but I'm sure they aren't finished yet. There will be another "Sandy Hook" event pretty soon... this time with MORE kids (supposedly) killed. Better make them even younger... how about babies, actual cute little infants this time? THAT will surely win their gun control arguments?

And this time they will hire better actors and get all the video right. There is no limit to their deranged sickness.

alismith
02-10-2013, 07:37 PM
I really believe that NO kids got killed. It was a training exercise that doubled as a false flag "tragedy" in order to help 0bama's gun grab plans.

There are SO many things wrong with all the evidence that it simply cannot be real.

I'm sorry, but the parents of a small child who was supposedly murdered in the most gruesome manner does not appear on TV smiling and laughing. And it's not just "Robbie Parker". Other parents were doing TV interviews completely calm and smiling.

The weapon found in the trunk of the car (as seen by the blurry overhead video) may or may not have been a shotgun, but it sure as hell wasn't an AR-15 - unless an AR-15 has a SIDE BOLT HANDLE!

I could go on and on, but all the evidence is out there to watch on YouTube and other places. SO much is wrong that it can't possibly be real.

The ONLY thing about "Sandy Hook" that makes sense is that it led to a rash of hand wringing and gun grabbing legislation (the original reason for extending a training exercise into a Hollywood production - IMHO).

And, yes the gun grabbers spent all their chips on one bet... but I'm sure they aren't finished yet. There will be another "Sandy Hook" event pretty soon... this time with MORE kids (supposedly) killed. Better make them even younger... how about babies, actual cute little infants this time? THAT will surely win their gun control arguments?

And this time they will hire better actors and get all the video right. There is no limit to their deranged sickness.

And they have no limit to the funds they have at their disposal, also...our tax dollars!

davepool
02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
"When he makes his case to colleagues on gun issues, his appeal is simple and unemotional. “My accident happened in what should have been one of the safest places to be: in a police station, at the hands of trained police officers,” he often says. “So more guns are not the answer.”

That depends on what the question is.

If the question is "why did an ignorant cop shoot me in the neck?" he may have a point about less guns for dumb asses.

But if the question is "what to do when 3 guys are kicking in your door at 2 am?", having a gun with lots of bullets in the magazine is the only answer

studmuffin
02-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Cry wolf too many times and people stop listening. I think public sentiment has peaked, especially after some many recent gun purcheses. People are voting with their money.

studmuffin
02-11-2013, 07:30 PM
If it means anything I am planning on ignoring it.