PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Smokin'?

mrkalashnikov
02-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Was in my local seegar establishment yesterday. Walked out with a Por Laranga Cabinet Seleccion and a Quorum handmade Nicaraguan. The PLC doesn't say where it was made, but set me back about 9 bones. The Quorum was on sale for about $3.

Haven't smoked since the weather turned cold, back in late Oct or so. Been jonesing for a good cigar lately...anybody ever tried either of these brands?

CigarGuy
02-10-2013, 12:47 PM
On my way home to catch up on my reading on the back porch with a cigar or two.......
The Quorum is a "bundle" cigar, I believe, especially based on the price tag.
Por Larranaga is an Altaldis brand. Interested to see what you think on that one.
Oh. Here:
http://altadisusa.com/cigars/por-larranaga

mrkalashnikov
02-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks for that link, CG. I'm looking forward to firing the Por Laranga up soon. The Quorum I grabbed cause it was cheap. :cigarsmoking:

CigarGuy
02-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Just finishin' up an Alec Bradley Black Market. Good $6 cigar.

TEN-32
02-10-2013, 05:15 PM
I just got a bundle of Consuegras from JRCigars.com. Best el cheapo I've found.

MJ1
03-27-2013, 07:43 AM
I don't know enough to be picky so I just see my guy at sunset every few days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/Costa%20Rica/IMG_1601a_zps2005160b.jpg

NAPOTS
03-27-2013, 07:58 AM
I've been smoking my pipe lately. Pipe tobacco is much cheaper.

I bought a bulk bag of lane limited 1Q and I really like how it smokes. The casing isn't too overwhelming and the smoke is cool and smooth.

mrkalashnikov
03-28-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't know enough to be picky so I just see my guy at sunset every few days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/Costa%20Rica/IMG_1601a_zps2005160b.jpg

Nice to see you posting again, MJ1.

mrkalashnikov
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM
I've been smoking my pipe lately. Pipe tobacco is much cheaper.

I bought a bulk bag of lane limited 1Q and I really like how it smokes. The casing isn't too overwhelming and the smoke is cool and smooth.

I've been seriously thinking about getting into pipe smoking as of late. Cigars (at least good ones) are $$$.

I like the idea of walking around my "estate", briarwood in hand, blowing circles of a nice mellow cavendish... ;)

NAPOTS
03-28-2013, 06:59 PM
I've been seriously thinking about getting into pipe smoking as of late. Cigars (at least good ones) are $$$.

I like the idea of walking around my "estate", briarwood in hand, blowing circles of a nice mellow cavendish... ;)

If you find a tobacco you like with a nice room note your wife might even let you smoke in the house like mine does.

TEN-32
03-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm about 80/20 lately in favor of pipes. I'm having some Elijah Craig 18 and a bowl of MacBaren Scottish this evening.

Life can be good.

El Jefe
04-18-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm about 80/20 lately in favor of pipes. I'm having some Elijah Craig 18 and a bowl of MacBaren Scottish this evening.

Life can be good.

If Elijah Craig isn't a bargain, I don't know what one is.

I've heard over the winter that EC is going to come out with a special release. Either older, single barrel, something. I'll try it for sure.

CigarGuy
04-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Smoking a La Aroma de Cuba for first cigar of the day.

El Jefe
04-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Smoking a La Aroma de Cuba for first cigar of the day.

I've been needing to try these. I saw a source the other day that gave them a 96 rating.

CigarGuy
04-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Think there are 4 different blends in the line now, all made by Pepin in Nicaragua. All tasty in there own way.

L1A1Rocker
04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
When I moved two years ago I boxed up my pipes and tobacco and just haven't got around to unboxing them yet. I've been thinking about it though.

mrkalashnikov
08-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Well, howz about it?

Was out on my patio last night with a Ashton Cabinet & a beaker of Sangiovese de Romagna. A mother racoon showed up with a couple of juveniles, walking along the edge of my cedar fence, Indian-style. They come to eat the leftovers from the big mulberry tree in my back yard....nice just sitting there in the dark, communing w/ nature and a good cigar. :)

CigarGuy
08-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Sounds sweet, indeed!
Hotter then Hades here, but wifey has to go back to school tonight, so
gonna sweat it out on porch with a cigar and a couple pours of bourbon or rye.
Don't get to do that too often, so looking forward to it!

TEN-32
08-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Nothing worthy of posting. Yours sounds very nice.

El Jefe
08-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Not much to report here. I had kind of a depressing weekend up at my Uncle's so I've not been in the mood for much "good stuff".

Maybe I'll break something open this evening. :)

TEN-32
08-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Not much to report here. I had kind of a depressing weekend up at my Uncle's

Whats up?

El Jefe
08-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Whats up?

Oh, ya know, old boy has reached his expiration date.

Men just rarely live past 80. Especially a good ol boy from western Oklahoma, who did his share of living in his day.

I'll miss him greatly, but he at least had a decent length of time.

silentkilla
08-15-2013, 05:25 PM

Men just rarely live past 80. Especially a good ol boy from western Oklahoma, who did his share of living in his day.

you going to be ok brother?

TEN-32
08-15-2013, 05:50 PM

I lost Dad(cancer) in 1997. My Uncle is still kickin. He is my role model in many ways... Uncle John is former Chicago PD. He worked the '68 Dem Convention and will not mince words telling war stories. He has been in shootings. He worked the streets of the south side...real deal copper. He has had a quad bypass but he is a tough old sonofabitch. I have untold affection for him.

I feel your pain.

CigarGuy
08-15-2013, 06:05 PM
I feel SO fortunate to have my 85 yo father still here but he has started with dementia. It's very sad.

TEN-32
08-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Just a passing thought...WE are the next generation. It all falls to us. My uncle says we lost the country in the 60s and that he is glad he won't be around to see the actual fall of the USA. US Navy Ret., CPD Ret., small business owner. You know...the kind of American this country currently hates.

CigarGuy
08-15-2013, 06:30 PM
My one small hope is my daughter(27) and her boyfriend(30). They get it but convincing their contemporaries is our only hope

TEN-32
08-15-2013, 06:37 PM
My one small hope is my daughter(27) and her boyfriend(30). They get it but convincing their contemporaries is our only hope

:cigarsmoking::thumbsup::anim_beer-1:

El Jefe
08-15-2013, 09:25 PM
you going to be ok brother?

Oh, yeah, I'm fine, I got some hard bark on me. It is what it is, its all part of the grand scheme.

The thing that sucks is he's such a great guy and he's scared, he's not ready to go.

As some of you know my wife is an oncology nurse, she knows what he's going through, she's been calling him every day and keeping him informed on whats going on and what to expect. She went with me over the weekend and talked to him quite a bit. It seemed to help and thats cool. I know he likes to hear from her.

El Jefe
08-15-2013, 09:28 PM
I lost Dad(cancer) in 1997. My Uncle is still kickin. He is my role model in many ways... Uncle John is former Chicago PD. He worked the '68 Dem Convention and will not mince words telling war stories. He has been in shootings. He worked the streets of the south side...real deal copper. He has had a quad bypass but he is a tough old sonofabitch. I have untold affection for him.

I feel your pain.

Thanks, Matt.

Yeah, my Dad died of cancer back in 1988. He was 5 years younger when he died than I am today.

It really sucks losing your "old people" but I guess many of us are at that stage when it happens more than we would like.

TEN-32
08-16-2013, 08:02 AM
It really sucks losing your "old people" but I guess many of us are at that stage when it happens more than we would like.

True...part of the deal.

CigarGuy
08-22-2013, 05:42 PM
On the back porch. Another inch of rain. Smoking a Diesel Corona with a couple pours
of Old Grand Dad 114. This will be my last attempt at typing.

El Jefe
08-22-2013, 06:02 PM
On the back porch. Another inch of rain. Smoking a Diesel Corona with a couple pours
of Old Grand Dad 114. This will be my last attempt at typing.

C'mon man, drunk posting is as good as it gets. Working on a glass of 10 year Bulleit and a Bolivar myself. ;)

mrkalashnikov
08-22-2013, 09:53 PM
C'mon man, drunk posting is as good as it gets. Working on a glass of 10 year Bulleit and a Bolivar myself. ;)

So...did you ever fire up that glass-tubed Mac 2000 I sent you in the pass box?

I was sorely tempted to keep that for myself. :cigarsmoking: I was wrestling w/ my hand like Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove to prevent it being taken out. ;)

El Jefe
08-23-2013, 10:11 AM
So...did you ever fire up that glass-tubed Mac 2000 I sent you in the pass box?

I was sorely tempted to keep that for myself. :cigarsmoking: I was wrestling w/ my hand like Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove to prevent it being taken out. ;)

;) Haven't yet, gotta figure out what to pair it with first.