PDA

View Full Version : Form 1s off tomarrow.

L1A1Rocker
02-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Finally got off my duff and got my paperwork done. Three Form 1s are going to the ATF tomorrow. One SBR AR in 300BLK, and two silencers. One of the silencers will be for the 300BLK and another for a Ruger 96-44.

Let the counting of days begin :(

Helen Keller
02-10-2013, 07:17 PM
I should get off my ass and submit a 1 or 2 for the silencer/sbr category . been over a year.

L1A1Rocker
02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
This 300BLK silencer will be my first screw on silencer. What do you folks think about going with left hand threads to keep the silencer for working loose?

Helen Keller
02-10-2013, 08:10 PM
i have a 300blk bolt action in the works using my can .

even though they're left threads they still get loose, use plumbers tape.

Schuetzenman
02-10-2013, 08:33 PM
This 300BLK silencer will be my first screw on silencer. What do you folks think about going with left hand threads to keep the silencer for working loose?

You're pretty crafty, why don't you build one to clamp on around an A2 bird cage flash hider? The hider would be the seal and alingement surface leading to the primary blast chamber.

L1A1Rocker
02-10-2013, 10:34 PM
You're pretty crafty, why don't you build one to clamp on around an A2 bird cage flash hider? The hider would be the seal and alingement surface leading to the primary blast chamber.

I've considered something like that, similar to AAC's fast attach system. I'm really focused on a two point system right now though. I was thinking of something where the silencer would go down the barrel and seal up against a shoulder at the gas block, kinda like a reflex design.

Because I have visions of using this on my FAL's and want it light I'm probably going with titanium. Grade 5 is out do to the expense. Grade 5 does not come in tubes, you have to bore out round stock. I've read of commercial silencer makers going to a double wall system using Grade 9 so I may go with that. I'm also leaning toward a simple cone design. K's may work better with the sub-sonic stuff but cones, or stepped cones, work better with 308 and most likely super sonic 300BLK.

Thanks for your input. As always, it is very welcome.

L1A1Rocker
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Well, got the deed done. They are officially mailed now.

Partisan1983
02-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Sounds awesome man! Do you use the Trust route?

We must see pics when all is said and done.

L1A1Rocker
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Sounds awesome man! Do you use the Trust route?

We must see pics when all is said and done.

I went the trust rout this time. I'm now in Kerr county and the sheriff (who would be king) won't sign off on the forms. I'll be sure to post pics but I'm sure it's going to be a long wait on the forms. The SBR though, I'm doing it up as a pistol first so I can work up some loads for it and make sure it's running 100%.

The SBR I've already got parts for, the tube will be here Thursday but I still need to cut the barrel down a bit. It's a 10.5 inch 300BLK in stainless steel with the gas port in the pistol location. I've decided to chop it down to 8 inches. It was tough to decide but in the end, sense I'll be running sub sonic mostly, I decided to go "cool" and chop it down to 8 inches. So anyhow, I may have some pics of the pistol next week. . .

Partisan1983
02-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Can't wait to see 'em!