PDA

View Full Version : Another restamped gun...

Russbirch
02-16-2013, 03:25 PM
There are a few of these floating around. You can still the 7 at the bottom of the grinding marks under the front trunnion. I got stung by one last year that was done so well, I didn't catch it for quite some time. This one... not well done at all.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329876931

imanaknut
02-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Great catch on the markings on the front of the receiver. That is too bad because the MS serial number 56S were among the early ones. I would really like to do a close examination of the scrubbed markings under a good light and microscope. It might be nothing more than the importer didn't like the original stampings. It might have been marked "AK47S" or "AKM-47/S" and the importer wanted to sell it with the correct Chinese name for the rifle.

Very interesting.

Russbirch
02-16-2013, 04:09 PM
You have a great point there, but all the other Sile, NY are stamped so poorly, it doesn't seem like Sile cared very much about appearances. I really hate NOT knowing the stories behind these things !!! Your point about the model being wrong could be the ticket, though.

That would also be the only one I have ever seen with all the info rolled in bulk like that in one place. And I have never seen a Sile marked in the back.

I have a MAK-90 that a friend of mine bought new in the store and it has one importer's name simply scraped up and the new stamp placed above it... no attempt to hide it at all. The later of the two importers is "Act III Imports". Pretty cool.

imanaknut
02-16-2013, 04:26 PM
You want to see one that you can lose your tail on, check this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329754596

Pre-ban my butt!

This is the way most Sile imports were marked, but I have seen many with markings towards the rear of the receiver.

s15v8
02-16-2013, 04:46 PM
That's a horrible marking job, you can the 7s on the 66 mark and after the 56s mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

imanaknut
02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
The important thing about that rifle, one that I have seen people overlook at gun shows and get taken, is the extra "7" stamped before and after the actual model name in an attempt by the importer to satisfy the Bush1 fear of evil features and evil firearm names. If there were better pictures you would see the ears were ground off the bayo lug under the gas block, and tack weld marks on the front sight.

s15v8
02-16-2013, 04:56 PM
So if those 7 marks are there, it is definitely not a pre ban

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Russbirch
02-16-2013, 06:50 PM
How can I POSSIBLY lose on that one??? Can't you see that it is the Ultra Rare model 66756S7 imported by SILE NY NY CSIN SILE NY, NY ? The guy even says it comes in the ULTRA rare 5.62x39 caliber. You can't go wrong with THAT!

Another funny thing is the GB people stating stuff like "Pre Ban MAK-90" and then writing "Here's your chance to own a MAK-90 before the ban comes. I must admit, that's very creative!

Example: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329798401

s15v8
02-17-2013, 06:54 AM
There are a few of these floating around. You can still the 7 at the bottom of the grinding marks under the front trunnion. I got stung by one last year that was done so well, I didn't catch it for quite some time. This one... not well done at all.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329876931
Now, I can see the 7 mark you're talking about, and you could almost make out the 7.62x39mm in there.

TwistedKarma
02-18-2013, 05:38 AM
After what NY did, prebans seem to have lost there value some No more loophole ? Or just the rush is over.

imanaknut
02-18-2013, 01:42 PM
It could be that people in states where sheep lead the masses, since the state government in New York taking the lead, and a couple other states thinking they can jump on the bandwagon, there are people that are afraid to buy these "evil looking weapons" which should bring the prices down to those of us who still live in a state that believes that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Personally I don't believe that NYS will get away with mandatory registration or confiscation with no restitution. I am just hoping that it costs many politicians their jobs, and unfortunately tax payers many millions of dollars in lawsuits. What scares me is if it doesn't get thrown out by a court by the drop dead date of January 2014, we just might see the same result as Concord Mass. in 1775.