PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about this and how much you think it is worth

Glockafella
09-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I am considering a trade for this gun, I am clueless about AK47s! I need your help.

He said it was a polish variety with a "Firing Line" reciever...how much do you think it is worth without scope? with scope?

Thanks for your help!

Full Otto
09-09-2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=189463979

Little high these days

slamfire51
09-09-2010, 10:49 PM
:welcome:Glockafella.

I do know it is a milled AK, but exactly which one it is, I have no idea.
I'll pass this along to imanaknut. He is the resident AK expert.

imanaknut
09-10-2010, 09:09 AM
It looks like you have what started life as a Norinco NHM-90 (a stamped AMK variant) which was a post Bush the First rifle. For some reason when they were imported, not only did the bayo lug and cleaning rod holder get cut off but the importer cut down the top of the front sight hoop. Although the NHM-90 still had the barrel threads, there is the possibility they were turned down when the rifle was dismantled.

As to why it was rebuilt onto a milled receiver is a good question. It could be that the original receiver was destroyed by someone who had no idea how to meet the Bush the First rules, or the original receiver was one that had that dreaded third pin hole indicating it was a true AKM receiver which according to the ATF interpretation of the 2nd amendment is still classified as a machine gun, so it had to be destroyed.

I know for a fact (because I have one) that there were some MAK-90s (later Norinco imports) that were rebuilt on milled receivers as I have one built on an SLR-100 receiver.

Value wise, checking the milled MAK-90s you will find them listed for $800 and up and not selling. The milled MAK-90 was originally a Poly Tech Legends that got the full Bush the First treatment and renamed to make them less evil looking and 100% baby safe according to the resident 1st idiot of the time.

I don't know much about the scope, but to me a scope mount on an AK variant that was not designed to have one actually detracts from the value.

You very possibly have a one of a kind rifle there. Because of this it would be very hard to put a price on it. At least the Firing Line receivers were regarded to be among the better ones made here in the good old USofA, but still putting an actual dollar amount is hard.

Again, the best thing to do is look up the milled MAK-90 on Gunbroker, and see if they are selling, and look back several months and see if any sold. If any did, that would give you an idea as to what someone is willing to spend. If none did, you will see a price listed that people think is too high.

On thing about a trade, if the trader is happy with giving his/her firearms for yours, and feels good about it, and you think you did OK, than having a value isn't needed.

Good luck.

slamfire51
09-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the help 'Nut.

Doberman
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Looks to be a milled Mak-90. Depending on the reciever cut, I say its worth around the $600. mark. I would update the furniture with some polytec stuff, pistol grip/but stock, upper-lower hand guard/ should be an EASY sell.

imanaknut
09-21-2010, 09:33 PM
I wonder if Glockafella is checking in without logging on or just posted and ran.

Last activity 09-09-2010 07:16 PM

Seemed like he could have been a nice guy, even if he likes glocks!

Oh Doberman, welcome to the group.

About milled MAK-90s, they all had a slant cut receiver with a round hole instead of the standard rectangular hole of a milled AK variant.

slamfire51
09-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Kinda like Hammerstrike44. He seemed knowledgeable about many guns.
I guess me and AKTexas ran him off by asking for pics of his extensive collection.

AKTexas
09-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Kinda like Hammerstrike44. He seemed knowledgeable about many guns.
I guess me and AKTexas ran him off by asking for pics of his extensive collection.

Actually Hammerstrike44 has added me as friend and has sent me a few Pm's.He is a cool guy from Bryan Texas with some hunting land near my lease in South Texas.Wait until deer season starts I'll be posting some new pics of my adventures outdoors.

slamfire51
09-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Actually Hammerstrike44 has added me as friend and has sent me a few Pm's.He is a cool guy from Bryan Texas with some hunting land near my lease in South Texas.Wait until deer season starts I'll be posting some new pics of my adventures outdoors.

Guess he hates me.........oh well.
Why doesnt he post more often? I would like to see his collection. And...................

...........What makes you think we want to see your kills???? j/k'ing

AK-J
09-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Actually guys, it looks like it might be a Bulgarian Arsenal SA-93 w/ the original stocks. A friend of mine had one, and it looked just like that.

http://www.myhostedpics.com/images/Mannlicher/5_2.jpg

AKTexas
09-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Guess he hates me.........oh well.
Why doesnt he post more often? I would like to see his collection. And...................

...........What makes you think we want to see your kills???? j/k'ing

Not sure why he does not post much.Some folks browse for information,soak up all they can before they become internet masterminds.

You want to see my kills because you like pictures more than words lol.....J/K

slamfire51
09-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Not sure why he does not post much.Some folks browse for information,soak up all they can before they become internet masterminds.

You want to see my kills because you like pictures more than words lol.....J/K

True, a picture is worth more than a few words any day.
Does Texas have mule deer?

AKTexas
09-22-2010, 06:53 AM
True, a picture is worth more than a few words any day.
Does Texas have mule deer?

Yeah but only west of the Pecos.I'm hunting on the other side so no mules for me.

Doberman
09-22-2010, 12:28 PM
I wonder if Glockafella is checking in without logging on or just posted and ran.

Last activity 09-09-2010 07:16 PM

Seemed like he could have been a nice guy, even if he likes glocks!

Oh Doberman, welcome to the group.

About milled MAK-90s, they all had a slant cut receiver with a round hole instead of the standard rectangular hole of a milled AK variant.

Good to know, thanks, Glad to be here

AKTexas
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Welcome to all the new members.Some fresh blood to liven this place up some.

Citizen Pain
09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't know about the AK, but the sight is a PGO-7V rpg 7 optical sight w/ illuminated reticle. It's 2.3x and fairly rare, but not really of any use... unless you have an rpg 7.