PDA

View Full Version : Walking through forest in the snow

davepool
02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Saguaro forest that is.

Some areas of Phoenix got almost 2'' of snow yesterday, damned global warming

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/dpool50/snowsahuaro_zps6c29fea1.jpg

Don't you like our state "tree" it has nice pointy leaves that never fall off :)

Cypher
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Wow that's funny seeing cactus with snow on the ground and filling the air.

imanaknut
02-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Be glad for global warming or you would have gotten two feet of snow!

Was in Phoenix not too long ago. Can't imagine snow there!!! That is a great photo! Thanks for sharing it.

nitewatcherXX
02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Some huge temperature swings. Freezing now & a blast furnace in the summer. Pretty tho with the cactus.

mrkalashnikov
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Beautiful pic.

old Grump
02-21-2013, 04:58 PM
When we had 2" of snow at White Sands we basically closed down the base for the day to all business because the civilians who lived in Las Cruces and El Paso could not make it to work. All us northern guys took the day off and went up into the mountains around Cloud Croft and played in the snow. There wasn't enough on the base to even make a good snow ball.

I bet it was strange to see snow around the big cactus, we didn't have the good stuff like you guys do just the little cactus I can't remember the name of anymore but had real bright red flowers when it bloomed. Did you get any rabbit hunting done while you were out there in the snow. Betcha them jack rabbits was going nuts.

davepool
02-21-2013, 08:47 PM
The storm that did this is moving east and hammering the midwest right now. I was watching the weather radar yesterday( i'm a roofer i live by that thing) and it was snowing on the mountains half way down the Baja California peninsula and even some in Tijuana. The mexicans i know that grew up in that part of mexico tell me that's really wierd

It will be back up to the 70s by saturday.

old Grump
02-21-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm supposed to get 5" and it's already started. Didn't need it very bad.

JTHunter
02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Some areas of Phoenix got almost 2'' of snow yesterday, damned global warming.

This was the same storm that dumped 2" in an hour on the PGA golf match just north of Tuscon.
:lol:

Schuetzenman
02-22-2013, 07:07 AM
Nice photo. Global warming .... right!