PDA

View Full Version : How I'm feeding the firearms Jones...

El Laton Caliente
02-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Like the girls say accessorizing...

What is NOT sold out and jacked up is the accessories. I'm rounding out my shooters with slings, optics, mags (that are not in heavy demand), pouches, outfitting belts for the field, etc...

imanaknut
02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
It is getting a bit tiring to look at prices and try to figure out how people who are new to the sport can afford to keep up with it.

My spending has been on grips for a couple of pistols, an inexpensive holoscope, and not much else.

Schuetzenman
02-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Lucky for me I just got my critical bits for my last middy light weight upper to have a full caliber for my dedicated .22 LR AR. I need one optic and some smaller bits but am set on mags and ammo.

blade
02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
I fell yalls pain & suffering!!!!:tooth:
I got a pretty good deal on a crate of 7.62 X 54r last week & I want buy/trade for another Mosin.
Lucky for me, my ol' pal is our local FFL/barber/gunsmith. He's old school & things have been crazy for him since December.
I get daily fixes from ol' George ( nickname=pecker ). I can walk to his shop & do most daze. Usually on Friday nights, we'll have a couple of beers about 5:00 & call it a night.

Right now he's got 3 Type53 Mosins in the rack. Wood is all beat to chit, but, I'm gonna look @ the internals a lil' closer & prolly see if I can't test fire each rifle. I cleaned ( de cosmolined ) the first rifle he opened up. Rifles cam for SOG I believe & were each in their own box. Second two rifles did not have to be de cosmolined. ( is that a word?? ):lol:
Anyways, that's the way I've been getting off. Come on Spring!!!!!!!!!! ( 7 ins. snow yesterday here )

:animatedsalute:

BISHOP
02-27-2013, 08:21 PM
I've been doing the same since getting the tax refund in.

One of the things I bought was a grip housing to make my semi HK-33 clone (Century C-93) look cooler.
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/mp5cp4pos013f_129_detail.jpg

Clipped and pinned (modified for semiauto but to look like a normal FA part)

BISHOP

El Laton Caliente
02-27-2013, 09:02 PM
That's pretty cool. I've been meaning to buy a C93 since I never found a HK93 at a price I would pay.

FunkyPertwee
02-27-2013, 09:58 PM
I ordered a Polish P-64 the other day. Went ahead and bought upgraded springs at the same time.

Gained a new carry piece and added to the cold war collection simultaneously.

And I've been knife addicted since December.

az_paul
03-05-2013, 02:17 AM
These days, I'm just picking up bullets for the calibers that are still in stock, like .311's for reloading for the Enfields.