PDA

View Full Version : History revised for you fools who think you know

PROBASCO
02-23-2013, 09:58 PM
An exercise in patience?

Today at a town hall I met Rod Monroe, an Oregon state senator to discuss the anti gun bill HB3200. His views were starkly different from mine when I mentioned the "infringed" part of the 2nd amendment. He told me he knew the 2nd amendment much better than I being a history teacher for 20 years. It seems most of us are wrong about the purpose of the 2nd amendment.

According to the senator, the 2nd amendment was created to protect American farmers from the British taking their hunting rifles.

This "theory" must be the truth because an, elected senator, a retired teacher and co-chair of the Ways and Means Education Sub-Committee said so.

The only glitch I see with this historians point of view, is that The Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787 and the revolutionary war ended in 1783. So why would a new nation, be afraid of the English taking their guns away, four years after they were kicked out of the Usa?

I wonder just now how many people this "teacher" taught his "version" of the America to?

nitewatcherXX
02-23-2013, 10:17 PM
hmmmm I just went a re-read the 2A. Nope no mention of a farmer hunting. It did say something about not infringing tho....

ROCK ME AMADEUS
02-23-2013, 10:27 PM
the 2nd amendment was created to protect American farmers from the British taking their hunting rifles.

please tell me you bludgeoned his skull with a slag hammer.

nitewatcherXX
02-23-2013, 10:43 PM
please tell me you bludgeoned his skull with a slag hammer.

hahahahaahahhaahahhaahha :lmao3: