PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if you guys have seen these...

gpwasr10
07-16-2010, 01:18 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/dudemaestro/XDTac.jpg

My new nightstand gun, XD-45 Tactical with Streamlight LED.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/dudemaestro/AR-1.jpg

A3 AR-15 20" H BAR Home Brew (my first)
Spikes Tactical Lower
DPMS Upper
Rock River Lower Parts Kit
DPMS Carrier w/ Self Staked Key
BCM MPI Bolt with SOPMOD Bolt Upgrade Kit
Mcfarland Gas Ring
High Standard A2 Stock
Picatinny Front Sight Block
First Samco Quad Rail forearm
Houge Grip
MI SP-LP BUIS
IOR QR-ST Tactical Scope

Sherman
07-16-2010, 01:33 PM
I have a XD45 Tactical also and it is about 2ft from my head. I have a mini-14 with a 40 rounder under the bed. I really like my XD45 and bought it to shoot for the shooting test to get my CHL. I did have to move the front site over just a little to get it dead on.

gpwasr10
07-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I really like the XD-45 TAC... Probably the Best .45 ACP combat pistol I have used.

ready
07-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Did you put the SOPMOD bolt upgrade extractor spring in yourself. What a bitch...

Those Streamlights are great, too. I use one at work, it gets the crap beat out of it and the batteries seem to last forever.

NewbieAKguy
07-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I really like the XD-45 TAC... Probably the Best .45 ACP combat pistol I have used.

I'm aching to try the new XDm .45 ACP:bouncing-boobies:

sniper_n_training
07-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Thats a nice looking XD. Do you get decent accuracy from the 5" barrel?

gpwasr10
07-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Did you put the SOPMOD bolt upgrade extractor spring in yourself. What a bitch...

Those Streamlights are great, too. I use one at work, it gets the crap beat out of it and the batteries seem to last forever.

I did and it wasn't to bad, took about 20 Minutes. I think I culd extract a 120mm round from an Rheinmetal Smoothbore now LOL.

I'm aching to try the new XDm .45 ACP:bouncing-boobies:
I have heard good things, but the capacity is the exact same, but the tolorences are tighter and the trigger is supposed to be better. Personally, I like my guns a little loose if they are for defense.

Thats a nice looking XD. Do you get decent accuracy from the 5" barrel?
I have only put around 100 rounds through it so far, but I would say "Combat Accurate", maybe a bit better.

sniper_n_training
07-22-2010, 12:38 AM
I have only put around 100 rounds through it so far, but I would say "Combat Accurate", maybe a bit better.

As long as it's "Minute of Felon", you should be good to go :thumbsup:

HDR
07-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Personally, I like my guns a little loose if they are for defense.

Ditto. It does seem range queens jam more.

gpwasr10
07-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Ditto. It does seem range queens jam more.

That's my stand as well. My Grandfather (A WWII and Korean War Paratrooper Combat Vet) used to say...

"A sidearms primary purpose is simply to WORK, and little else. 'Cause if you are down to a pistol to save your hide, it probably means you have exausted all your other means of defense."

Any thus even my 1911 got a modification to the slide that loosend it up juuust a little bit. I know, it is against everything the "1911 purist" does... but the sights... are on the slide... so all that really matters from a physics standpoint is the BBL Lock up.

O.S.O.K.
07-23-2010, 09:13 AM
My XD45 (all black) shoots great and I don't ever recall a jam of any kind - with various types of ammo.

HDR
07-24-2010, 07:01 AM
That's my stand as well. My Grandfather (A WWII and Korean War Paratrooper Combat Vet) used to say...

"A sidearms primary purpose is simply to WORK, and little else.

That is it in a nutshell. A lot of the gimmicks are just what the word gimmick implies. Because it is a pistol personally I don't want a lot of crap on it to catch on stuff.

Any thus even my 1911 got a modification to the slide that loosend it up juuust a little bit. I know, it is against everything the "1911 purist" does... but the sights... are on the slide... so all that really matters from a physics standpoint is the BBL Lock up.

Mine had a heavier spring added and the slide to receiver width and the sides parallelism were checked.

slamfire51
08-01-2010, 01:33 PM
That is it in a nutshell. A lot of the gimmicks are just what the word gimmick implies. Because it is a pistol personally I don't want a lot of crap on it to catch on stuff.

Mine had a heavier spring added and the slide to receiver width and the sides parallelism were checked.

Parallelism.....can't say I've ever seen that word before. Sounds more like a deadly disease contracted from a Zombie.

HDR
08-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Parallelism.....can't say I've ever seen that word before. Sounds more like a deadly disease contracted from a Zombie.

par·al·lel·ism
   /ˈpærəlɛˌlɪzəm, -ləˌlɪz-/ Show Spelled[par-uh-le-liz-uhm, -luh-liz-] Show IPA
–noun
the position or relation of parallels.
agreement in direction, tendency, or character; the state or condition of being parallel.
a parallel or comparison.
Metaphysics . the doctrine that mental and bodily processes are concomitant, each varying with variation of the other, but that there is no causal relation of interaction between the two.

Go for number 4. ;)

slamfire51
08-02-2010, 08:16 PM
par·al·lel·ism
   /ˈpærəlɛˌlɪzəm, -ləˌlɪz-/ Show Spelled[par-uh-le-liz-uhm, -luh-liz-] Show IPA
–noun
the position or relation of parallels.
agreement in direction, tendency, or character; the state or condition of being parallel.
a parallel or comparison.
Metaphysics . the doctrine that mental and bodily processes are concomitant, each varying with variation of the other, but that there is no causal relation of interaction between the two.

Go for number 4. ;)

So it does pertain to Zombies. Good guess on my part. :dancingsmile: