PDA

View Full Version : More Traitor Republicans Endorse Ending Paperless Private Sales

LAGC
02-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal (R), who has been trying to make a name for himself as a maverick in the GOP, on Sunday became the latest Republican to come out in favor of universal background checks on all gun sales.

Jindal is engaged in a dedicated effort to frame himself as a politician outside of the Republican establishment. Last month, he gave a speech begging Republicans not to be “the stupid party.” Presumably as part of the effort, Jindal on Sunday’s Meet the Press, agued that background checks are the most sensible, and agreeable, route to take on gun regulations:

I think there is an opportunity to do something here. If we’re serious about doing something and not just having a political football here, I think we can work with Democrats, we can work even with the administration to say. I think we all agree that we shouldn’t have guns get into the hands with those with serious mental illness. We propose legislation to provide more of that legislation, more of those records into the background check system than is happening today. Let’s fix the current background system.
Currently, background checks are not required on private gun sales, allowing an easy workaround for criminals or the mentally ill to buy firearms. But 92 percent of Americans think that they should be. And Jindal is actually not a maverick on the issue; Republicans have been tapping into this public opinion of late, with several prominent figures including Sens. John McCain (R-AZ), Tom Coburn (R-OK), and Mark Kirk (R-IL) assessing that it’s an achievable goal for Congress to take on.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/24/1631341/jindal-background-checks/?mobile=nc

If this is the future of what the Republican Party has to offer, we're good and truly fucked.

btcave
02-24-2013, 05:12 PM
It's only possible through manditory registration and they know it.

FunkyPertwee
02-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Fuck Jindal.

Richard Simmons
02-24-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't see where Jindal said anything about ending private sales. Here is what he said.

"I think there is an opportunity to do something here. If we’re serious about doing something and not just having a political football here, I think we can work with Democrats, we can work even with the administration to say. I think we all agree that we shouldn’t have guns get into the hands with those with serious mental illness. We propose legislation to provide more of that legislation, more of those records into the background check system than is happening today. Let’s fix the current background system."

This is what Jindal was talking about:

In January, Jindal pushed to strengthen the system in Louisiana for inputting the mentally ill into the National Instant Criminal Background Check system, but the move was mostly symbolic. Overall, Jindal’s track record on guns has been to side with gun manufacturers over protecting citizens. In 2010, he signed a law that allowed guns in houses of worship. He has also voted to protect gun manufacturers from lawsuits, and vehemently opposes any regulation on high capacity magazine clips or automatic weapons.

I think the original post was poorly titled and the info from the article was pasted so as to give a different impression of the facts. If I'm wrong about what Jindal said and didn't say please show me where I am in error.

tank_monkey
02-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I think the original post was poorly titled and the info from the article was pasted so as to give a different impression of the facts. If I'm wrong about what Jindal said and didn't say please show me where I am in error.

Isn't this another example of LAGC's subversive campaign to slime Republicans (not that Republicans are not without their own idiocy, but right now they are the side which supports us the most against the left) and yet he says NOTHING about Democrats? I really think he is an Anti Gun Liberal Democrat agent. Here to stir up shit. I stand by that assessment. I dare anyone to challenge that based on the history of this moron's posts..

nitewatcherXX
02-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Isn't this another example of LAGC's subversive campaign to slime Republicans (not that Republicans are not without their own idiocy, but right now they are the side which supports us the most against the left) and yet he says NOTHING about Democrats? I really think he is an Anti Gun Liberal Democrat agent. Here to stir up shit. I stand by that assessment. I dare anyone to challenge that based on the history of this moron's posts..

+1...

5.56NATO
02-25-2013, 07:43 PM
I disagree with the tack this story is taking. The rank and file rino leadership supports all antigun measures as they're no different from the dems. The rinos hate an armed American as much as any dem.

LAGC
02-25-2013, 07:54 PM

First of all, I thought you had me on ignore, so how is it you are responding to one of my OP's?

You seem to think your beloved Republicans can do no wrong. I think many of the hard-core Tea Party types might stay true to form, but the more moderate/centrist compromising types will "work out a deal" every single time.

The Establishment GOP will sell us out in a New York minute. I don't trust Jindal/McCain/Coburn any further than I can throw them.