PDA

View Full Version : Help With Auto Insurance

Focused Gunfire
02-25-2013, 03:40 PM
The idea of paying Allstate any more of my money is about as appealing as a punch to the face. They want $461.60 of my money on the 27th, so I was wondering if there was someone better out there. I know every company has some horror stories, but is there an overall good one? Fair price, and no commie BS.

Richard Simmons
02-25-2013, 03:50 PM
I can only speak for my own coverage but we've been with State Farm for 30+ years and every time I've requested a quote from another company they either quote almost the same price or once they know I'm with State Farm they actually tell me they can't beat them. YMMV

1 Patriot-of-many
02-25-2013, 04:02 PM
State Farm has treated me well enough for the last 17 years I've stayed with them. Only issue I had was when I insured my deuce and a half, they raped me at over $600 a year before I threatened to take all my business elsewhere, then suddenly they discovered they could cover it for 1/3 of the price.....

nitewatcherXX
02-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Statefarm for me 30+ years never any issues. plus there also a bank now too. IRA's Mutual Funds, home loans car loans etc.

l921428x
02-25-2013, 04:12 PM
do not know if you qualify but everthing we have is USAA. remember Progessive is a progressive co.

00RedZX-6R
02-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Farm Bureau was always the cheapest for me. State Farm can kiss my ass. I will never do business with them again.

Warthogg
02-25-2013, 07:44 PM
I can only speak for my own coverage but we've been with State Farm for 30+ years ...... .

Guess I've been with them about 10 years.

Wart

imanaknut
02-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Has your Allstate agent gotten you all the available discounts? They have a discount for automatic online payment and I believe another for electronic bill notification.

Broondog
02-25-2013, 08:05 PM
American Family has been good to me for the last 16yrs. i pay around $430 a year per vehicle (single white male, over 40, off street parking, liability only).

i wish i could bundle my auto and home but Farmers (who holds my homeowners) can't touch Am Fam's auto rate and Am Fam can't touch Farmers homeowners rate.

Dan Morris
02-25-2013, 08:28 PM
I use ANPAC...American National Property & Casualty.They have always been good to me...also have home owner and guns with them.
Dan

LAGC
02-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Allstate is the worst for stand-alone car insurance rates. I've shopped around extensively the last couple times mine was up for renewal, and they always gave me the highest quote of everyone else.

I haven't found anyone who can beat 21st Century Insurance (a subsidiary of Farmer's) for stand-alone auto coverage, and I checked GEICO, Progressive, and quite a few others.

I'm only paying $150 every 6 months for liability-only on my 1998 Chevy Cavalier, but that also includes free road-side assistance. And that's with 2 speeding tickets in the past 2 years, although I was able to plea bargain them both down from "more than 10mph over the limit" to "less than 10mph over the limit" which makes a big difference in how the insurance companies calculate your rate.

You can probably get a better deal if you bundle your auto insurance with your home insurance if you own a home, but for stand-alone coverage, check them out: http://www.21st.com/

cevulirn
02-25-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm actually saving a crapload by switching TO allstate (motorcycle insurance) My bill is $100 ish less then progressive, AFTER I added collision to one of my bikes.

LAGC
02-25-2013, 09:39 PM
***UPDATE*** All this talk about State Farm made me check them out and get a free quote. With my speeding tickets they quoted me $137 for 6 months with the extra $0.80 Roadside Assistance.

So I just went back onto my 21st.com to cancel and switch, when I noticed they had dropped me down to $132 per 6 months. So I guess I'm sticking with 21st after all. :D

cody1
03-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Yes actually, I’m sure you can find a better deal if you just shop around. I went ahead with The Hartford insurance (http://www.thehartford.com/) after getting multiple quotes from at least 4 different companies.

l921428x
03-08-2013, 02:21 AM
LAGC. Why are liberals always bitching and speeding. The first to complaine and the last to comply. Just askin......

LAGC
03-08-2013, 02:35 AM
LAGC. Why are liberals always bitching and speeding. The first to complaine and the last to comply. Just askin......

What can I say? I have a lead foot. :wiggle:

I still think I'm a pretty safe driver, aware of my surroundings, never had an insurance claim.

You should have seen me coming back from California in December... blasting through deserted Nevada and Oregon back-country 95mph in 55mph zones. 12 hour trip in 9 hours. Cruisin'! :woot:

State Farm wanted to give me a discount for installing a "safe-driving device" that tracks your driving speed. Fuck that! They would have jacked my rates up to double after 1 week! ;)

skorpion
03-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Sit down with your agent and explain to him/her that you want to explore all available options for reducing your payments. If they know what they're doing, they'll be able to list everything you can do to cut down on unnecessary expenses. If you have any particular questions, let me know. My girlfriend's brother runs an Allstate office.

El Laton Caliente
03-08-2013, 10:20 AM
We had an Allstate review and saved a couple of thousand a year. We had my 15 year Allstate agent retire, another one die and the third wasn't handling the account well... or at least maximizing his commission.

We moved the account to an agent close to the our new place we bought and had her review the policy. We had not been getting several discounts and reduced the annual bill nearly a grand.

davepool
03-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I pay $1100/yr for full coverage on a 2011 GMC with nationwide, haven't ever had to file a claim so i can't speak for how they handle those.

We were insured with Allstate for over 20 years, cars, home, never filed a claim; tool shed was broken into over $8800 loss, they dropped us before the settlement check arrived, best thing that could have happened

Focused Gunfire
03-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info, I ended up with Statefarm. Pay a little less now by the way.