PDA

View Full Version : RPK bump firing upgrades

sharkatooth87
02-26-2013, 09:27 PM
I was wondering what all needs to be upgraded on an rpk to bump fire easier? I get 3 round burts every now and then and I read somethong about upgrading trigger to tapco g2 but what stage? 1 or 2 any help would be awesome

El Laton Caliente
02-26-2013, 10:23 PM
What RPK do you have? An original Yugo, Valmet or especially Chinese would already have about as good a trigger. Many of the new "USA" built already have a Tapco G2...

If the trigger is gritty, you can smooth it by using a sharpening stone and smoothing the wear areas without changing the shape.

Technique has as much to do with bumping as anything else. The rifle mush be a little "loose" in your grip. You may try bumping from the bipod...

sharkatooth87
02-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Thats what I was doing is bumping off bipod......its a yugo m72 but the trigger seems to get stuck sometimes after you push forward on the grip to start bump firing.... would a g2 make a big difference anyways? And wich one do I need. Thanks bud

El Laton Caliente
02-26-2013, 10:48 PM
IIRC, most of the CAI M72s have Tapco trigger groups... Assuming it is a stamped it should be a single hook. Double hook triggers were mostly on milled AKs...