PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Bob Goodlatte: Government is not enforcing existing US gun laws

5.56NATO
02-27-2013, 05:47 PM
The panel will “be engaged in looking at ways to improve our efforts to keep weapons out of the hands of people who perpetrate tragedies.... The states are not doing the job they should in terms of getting data into [the background check] system.... The federal government is not doing the job they should be doing in enforcing our current gun laws.”

What gun legislation he expects to pass Congress:

“The ability to produce legislation is going to be focused on two things.... One is improving the background check system, but universal background checks I do not think will be a part of that ... [and] the other will be improving the efforts to crack down on illegal sales of firearms on the streets.”

Want your top political issues explained? Get customized DC Decoder updates.

Dealing with the millions of individuals in the US illegally:

“There is a broad spectrum between deportation and an easy, special pathway to citizenship to find a way to bring people out of the shadows and give them a legal status that will allow them to be better able to participate in our society, and we should be focused there.”

Chances for action on immigration reform legislation:

“Focusing on where we can find ... common ground on legal status would be a good step.... We have a broken immigration system.... If we can’t solve all of it, we should be solving as many parts as we can.”

http://news.yahoo.com/rep-bob-goodlatte-government-not-enforcing-existing-us-213539962.html

imanaknut
02-27-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't know how they will ever figure out how to stop "illegal sales of firearms on the streets" when that isn't the problem with the massacres that the antis like to point to. The killer in Connecticut stole his tools of destruction from his mother who purchased them legally. The poor excuse for a human being who murdered 30 students and professors at Virginia Tech, with the police already on campus because of the two he had previously murdered a few minutes earlier, had legally purchased his implements of destruction at a dealer with the 4473 paper approved. I could go on, but our government doesn't care about truth.

As for the part of the broken immigration system, with DHS releasing a whole bunch of illegals instead of deporting them, the government seems to be the bigger part of the problem than we the people.

rshaneck2002
02-27-2013, 05:57 PM
If there telling you this with the right hand you had better watch what the LEFT hand is doing,

rshaneck2002
02-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Oh buy the way, Eric Holder isnt going to prosecute his brothers, no way in hell will he. He didnt prosecute the Panthers for making threats to voters in Philly a fews yrs ago,hell no he made them poll watchers there in the next election, not many illegal gun convictions at all by the Justice dept from what i have read in the last 4 yrs, WONDER WHY?

5.56NATO
02-28-2013, 02:47 PM
I have to wonder if Holder will be left holding the bag by the regime?