PDA

View Full Version : Parts list fot a G build?

abpt1
09-10-2010, 07:51 AM
G kit

Flat
rivets
retaining Plates
barrel pin

Ok so what am I missing ?

abpt1
09-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I am tiring to get my order set and I could use some help because I dont want to forget anything.

slamfire51
09-10-2010, 08:51 AM
So, do you have a Romy kit?
Which parts are you asking about?
Additional parts needed to complete a build?

abpt1
09-10-2010, 08:54 AM
So, do you have a Romy kit?
Which parts are you asking about?
Additional parts needed to complete a build?
Yes I do have a kit.
I am looking to build it but I need a run down of what is needed to complete it and have it be compliant.

slamfire51
09-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Hold on.
I just did a write up on what you need, and the damn thing disappeared when I submitted it.

I'll redo it.

slamfire51
09-10-2010, 09:17 AM
You'll need the following:
At least 6 US parts. These may include:

Barrel
FGC (OOPS! FCG counts as 3 parts)
Receiver
muzzle device
furniture (ea. pc. counts as one part)
mag body, follower, floor plate. (you can use a foreign mag body and use the other 2 US parts)

You'll need:
press (you can pay some one to press the barrel in and out, but sending a receiver to have the barrel pressed back in will involve an FFL transfer)
Jigs for barrel removal and installation.
riveting tools
media blaster to prep for paint
Brake cleaner to degrease metals
paint paints like GunKote come in rattle cans. That's what I use.
Send the wife shopping so you can bake the paint after spraying. :)

If I think of more, I'll post it.

abpt1
09-10-2010, 09:19 AM
You'll need the following:
At least 6 US parts. These may include:

Barrel
FGC
Receiver
muzzle device
furniture (ea. pc. counts as one part)
mag body, follower, floor plate. (you can use a foreign mag body and use the other 2 US parts)

You'll need:
press (you can pay some one to press the barrel in and out, but sending a receiver to have the barrel pressed back in will involve an FFL transfer)
Jigs for barrel removal and installation.
riveting tools
media blaster to prep for paint
Brake cleaner to degrease metals
paint paints like GunKote come in rattle cans. That's what I use.
Send the wife shopping so you can bake the paint after spraying. :)

If I think of more, I'll post it.

Cool!

Thank you !

slamfire51
09-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Cool!

Thank you !

Anytime. If you have questions, either post here, PM, or email me.

Dan

deth502
09-10-2010, 03:40 PM
i thought you had your flat already?

as long as your kit is complete, including the barrel, all you need are your compiance parts. ive got plenty of rivets. the receiver will count as one part. that leaves 5 more.

i like to go with the fcg, piston, and slant brake. that keeps them as origional looking as possible. if you want to go with some us furniture for a different look, that will be some other parts you could exchange.

deth502
09-10-2010, 03:45 PM
oh, and to plug a sponcer, i always get my compliance parts from copes.

slamfire51
09-10-2010, 03:45 PM
True.
I was giving him most of the options available to him.

deth502
09-10-2010, 03:51 PM
i was refering more specifically as to what he needed, and not whats needed in general :thumbsup:

abpt1
09-10-2010, 06:20 PM

as long as your kit is complete, including the barrel, all you need are your compiance parts. ive got plenty of rivets. the receiver will count as one part. that leaves 5 more.

i like to go with the fcg, piston, and slant brake. that keeps them as origional looking as possible. if you want to go with some us furniture for a different look, that will be some other parts you could exchange.

Well I was looking in the build forum for what was needed and its sure as hell not what it use to be. I remember more info in there than I care to read and now that I want to read it. Its all gone. I am just tiring to over analyze the mechanics of the whole process just to gain some knowledge.

abpt1
09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
oh, and to plug a sponcer, i always get my compliance parts from copes.
I was going to buy some stuff from COPES!

Moebrown20
09-10-2010, 06:23 PM

He does, don't mind Gene, you know he's a drunk monkey.
The piston, fcg, flat, muzzle break & furniture is with me, he'll get it tomorrow.

I still need your help with the pistol.

Moebrown20
09-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I was going to buy some stuff from COPES!
If you get anything, get furniture and/or a flash hider/comp

abpt1
09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
He does, don't mind Gene, you know he's a drunk monkey.
The piston, fcg, flat, muzzle break & furniture is with me, he'll get it tomorrow.

I still need your help with the pistol.
Yeah I am ....

I was just looking for a reason to buy something from Copes ... :)

Moebrown20
09-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah I am ....

I was just looking for a reason to buy something from Copes ... :)

Get a stock, if you don't like the black one I have

abpt1
09-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Get a stock, if you don't like the black one I have
I was actually thinking about doing the wood over sand, stain and polyurethane down the road... Or maybe I will go all printerman on it!

Not sure the possibilities are endless lol

Moebrown20
09-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I was actually thinking about doing the wood over sand, stain and polyurethane down the road... Or maybe I will go all printerman on it!

Not sure the possibilities are endless lol

Nooooooooo!!!!
Don't go the printer route!

deth502
09-10-2010, 11:15 PM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/deth502/AK.jpg

there are a lot of nice us wood stock sets available now too to check out.

Blacksmith
09-11-2010, 12:35 AM
G kit

Flat
rivets
retaining Plates
barrel pin

Ok so what am I missing ?

You need a Go and a No go head space gauge.
When you are done assembling the rifle, you need to rig it up on the press so you can put enough pressure on the barrel so it will force the barrel against the barrel pin. (the pressure from the round being fired always forces the barrel out and up against that pin). you must keep that in mind when pressing in your barrel, and pin. it is OK if you’re barrel is a little too far in. but if you’re barrel is too far out, the pin will shave the barrel and when it is fired and heated up, the barrel will be forced against the barrel pin. and that little bit you shaved off, now becomes a serious and dangerous problem. On the other hand, if you press the barrel too for in and shave a little off, you will never know because the pressure from the round, always forces the barrel out.
If you need them, I have a set of gauges I can loan you . and if you need any help on this, just drop me a PM.

abpt1
09-11-2010, 08:27 AM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/deth502/AK.jpg

there are a lot of nice us wood stock sets available now too to check out.

^
I love that Picture.....Yeah I been looking as some U.S madewood stock sets that come unfinished stuff its real nice.

You need a Go and a No go head space gauge.
When you are done assembling the rifle, you need to rig it up on the press so you can put enough pressure on the barrel so it will force the barrel against the barrel pin. (the pressure from the round being fired always forces the barrel out and up against that pin). you must keep that in mind when pressing in your barrel, and pin. it is OK if you’re barrel is a little too far in. but if you’re barrel is too far out, the pin will shave the barrel and when it is fired and heated up, the barrel will be forced against the barrel pin. and that little bit you shaved off, now becomes a serious and dangerous problem. On the other hand, if you press the barrel too for in and shave a little off, you will never know because the pressure from the round, always forces the barrel out.
If you need them, I have a set of gauges I can loan you . and if you need any help on this, just drop me a PM.

Thanks Blacksmith!!!

AK-Karl
10-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Well I was looking in the build forum for what was needed and its sure as hell not what it use to be. I remember more info in there than I care to read and now that I want to read it. Its all gone. I am just tiring to over analyze the mechanics of the whole process just to gain some knowledge.

To review the building process you can go to http://www.youtube.com/user/BuildyourownAK?blend=2&ob=1#g/u

abpt1
10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
To review the building process you can go to http://www.youtube.com/user/BuildyourownAK?blend=2&ob=1#g/u
Great thanks !

deth502
10-02-2010, 11:12 PM
heres another building resource for aks. i know teh guy that put this together, and he asked me to have a look at it for him, im still going over it to try to help him improve it, so it is a work in progress. even still, theres a lot of good info there.

http://blog.legionarms.com/

abpt1
10-03-2010, 09:25 AM
heres another building resource for aks. i know teh guy that put this together, and he asked me to have a look at it for him, im still going over it to try to help him improve it, so it is a work in progress. even still, theres a lot of good info there.

WOW that has the most detail I have seen yet !

Moebrown20
10-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Did you see the vids.... 9mm for 50 bucks & made in a cave.
Kids make ammo with a hammer. Wow

slamfire51
10-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Did you see the vids.... 9mm for 50 bucks & made in a cave.
Kids make ammo with a hammer. Wow

Didn't you know the hammer is the universal gunsmithing tool?

Moebrown20
10-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Didn't you know the hammer is the universal gunsmithing tool?

Not for primers....

slamfire51
10-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Not for primers....

You have to remember that there are idiots in the 3rd world 'smithing trade.
Besides as hard as some of the foreign primers are, he's probably got the odds in his favor.

Moebrown20
10-03-2010, 03:09 PM
You have to remember that there are idiots in the 3rd world 'smithing trade.
Besides as hard as some of the foreign primers are, he's probably got the odds in his favor.

And just think of all the equipment we buy to make the same weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpURk1E3Q9c&feature=player_embedded

slamfire51
10-03-2010, 03:20 PM
And just think of all the equipment we buy to make the same weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpURk1E3Q9c&feature=player_embedded

Because we are "civilized".:smiley31:

deth502
10-03-2010, 05:55 PM

btw, hes also having a go at online parts sales, but im not sure if he has gotten the cart and checkout parts working yet.

Moebrown20
10-03-2010, 06:09 PM
btw, hes also having a go at online parts sales, but im not sure if he has gotten the cart and checkout parts working yet.

If his prices is good, I made get a kit from him.

abpt1
10-03-2010, 07:02 PM
http://legionarms.com/