PDA

View Full Version : Know the Enemy: A Couple of New Anti-gun Catch Phrases

skorpion
02-28-2013, 07:31 AM
I just read this article on Fox:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/28/democrats-push-for-assault-weapons-ban-in-congress-but-it-still-faces-uphill/

Democrats have begun an all-out push to move a new assault weapons ban through Congress. But it faces strong headwinds from House Republicans, Democrats in pro-gun rights states and many legislatures in western and southern states who are moving in a different direction to ease gun control, rather than strengthen it.

The Senate Judiciary Committee, chaired by the bill's author, Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, heard emotional testimony Wednesday from a witness list stacked with pro-ban speakers -- none more powerful than Neil Heslin of Newtown, Conn., whose son Jesse, was killed in the elementary school massacre. He pointed to his forehead and told the hushed hearing panel about the bullet that struck just below Jesse's hairline.

The anti-Americans are pushing for the next battle in the civilian disarmament war. Not only are they still using the Sandy Hook murder victims as emotional fodder, but they are now playing with the Heller decision (can't ban common firearms) by coining a couple of new idiotic phrases:

- "Dangerous and unusual weapons"
- "Excess-capacity magazines"

A couple of thoughts: Is there such a thing as a weapon that isn't dangerous? If an item is not inherently dangerous, can it be even be considered a weapon? And if something is intended to be used as a weapon, what's the point if it isn't dangerous? With the Democraps' new phrase, "unusual weapons," I picture improvised weapons and booby traps, not firearms. Last time I checked, firearms are not unusual.

Tomac yokctep
02-28-2013, 09:22 AM
How about dangerous people,the weapon is only as dangerous as the one that's got it .

l921428x
02-28-2013, 09:27 AM
along with firearms, I have a baseball bat that is always at the door.

L1A1Rocker
02-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Yes, they are trying to re-define arms that are "in common use for lawful purposes" as "dangerous and unusual" to try and say that according to Heller they CAN be banned. It's right out of the Dims playbook. Just change the definition of words so that things mean what they want them to mean.

WE understand that SCOTUS means things like pen guns and cane guns by "dangerous and unusual". But the non gun savy person may not and the Anti's are trying to take advantage of that.

stinker
02-28-2013, 04:21 PM
A couple of thoughts: Is there such a thing as a weapon that isn't dangerous? If an item is not inherently dangerous, can it be even be considered a weapon?

Ask that question to any elementary level special education teacher that ever had a student pick up a pencil and stab them with it.
The pen truely is as mighty as the sword, especially when you stick it in someones eyesocket.

Ask a career prison guard what an "unusual weapon" looks like.
You'll probably get an earfull.

deth502
02-28-2013, 05:05 PM
- "Excess-capacity magazines"

i have many magazines. 15 round, 17 round, 20 round, 30 round, even up to 75 round drums. not a single one of them have any "excess" capacity.

L1A1Rocker
02-28-2013, 06:41 PM
This is an example of what I think SCOTUS had in mind by unusual.

http://www.dogswar.ru/images/stories/experement/Stinger-Pen-Gun-1.jpg