PDA

View Full Version : Price Check? H&K 91? Real deal?

El Duce
02-28-2013, 02:11 PM
I asked the seller if this is truely H&K or a Centuy build. What say the experts?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1160565/west-virginia-rifles-for-sale--h-k-hk-91-7-62x51--308-with-tons-of-accessories

Richard Simmons
02-28-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm checking google images of HK91 receiver markings and it kind of looks legit. Better/closer photos would help but it real it's a steal. Shouldn't the right side of the receiver have four lines

Made in Germany
HK Inc.
Importer (who ever)
Kal. .308

Maybe not. This one looks like it and only has three lines on the right side.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=330723652

El Duce
02-28-2013, 03:06 PM
I sent the person an email. Awaiting what he has to say. Don't need one, but if the price is right.

El Duce
02-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Just heard back.

Yes its a century build riffle and not in the market anymore.I am located at Washington WV..where are you located and hope you are serious about purchasing the riffle

Richard Simmons
02-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Just heard back.

Yes its a century build riffle and not in the market anymore.I am located at Washington WV..where are you located and hope you are serious about purchasing the riffle

If it's built right it might still be a good deal. I think the collapsible buttstock is around $200 depending on condition and who made it. If it's an original HK it might be worth even more. The extra forearm maybe $70. The extra bolt and lower might be another $100-$200 depending on what they are. Might be a couple hundred more in mags, bayonet, mag couplers, etc. That scope mount might be $50 or $200 depending on who made it.

Look here and check out the parts

http://www.robertrtg.com/g3.html

Schuetzenman
02-28-2013, 03:58 PM
The Century HK clone was about $450 bucks. He's showing 30, 20 round mags that look well used. If they are aluminum they were as low as a buck each in like new condition in 2004 just remember. If they're steel mags then they were already over $10 bucks each even back in the day of the 1 buck aluminum mags. He has a CETME bayonet, not an HK, still it will probably fit but it isn't HK pattern. The telescoping stocks are way more than 2 bills now IF you can find one, probably $300+ for that. Not sure why he'd have an extra bolt carrier, grip fire control frame / trigger pack. The clamp on scope mount if real HK is very expensive, if it's air soft meeeh! Probably worth the $1500 but just barely IMO. Also remember it being a Century built rifle it could shoot way the hell off to one side or the other. He must of had the reciever and entire gun painted as the original Century rifles had parkerized receivers.

Ask yourself do you REALY need this, you do have AR-10 rifles and they are vastly superior in construction and accuracy.

El Duce
02-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Don't need it. So I passed. If it were a real H&K, I would have bought it.

Partisan1983
02-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Real HK, yes.

Real contract rifle, yes.

...Century...Nope!

deth502
02-28-2013, 05:02 PM
sounds high, but who knows in the current market. most of that shit with it really dosent add much. all the mags the bayo, the foreaerm, under $50. the bolt and stock may add a few $$.

yes, it is a cetme bayonet, but the rifle does not have a bayonet lug, so its pretty much a big $10 knife that comes with the rifle. the cetme bayo lug sticks out, you would clearly see it if it were there, the hk lug is recessed, and one can be there out of sight, but i bet dollars to doughnuts against it.

also, it has the tell tale century fsb, which, for some unknown stupid reason, they turned the grenade launching spigot and retaining ring off of.

i dont agree with schutez on the repaint. i have 2 century g3s, both came painted black.

i say good call on passing on it. id say, if i really wanted one, i might go to $1k on it, and thats really pushing it. some retard panic buyer will swipe it up at that price.

deth502
02-28-2013, 05:03 PM
oh, and the scope mount, looks airsoft to me. definitely not hk

ROCK ME AMADEUS
02-28-2013, 06:31 PM
The clamp on scope mount if real HK is very expensive, if it's air soft meeeh!

Sarco has em and they cost more than this rifle did when they were first on the shelves.

I had Airsoft mounts on my HK/Vector guns.
Some of that airsoft crap is WAY WAY better than some of the factory over-priced bullshit.