PDA

View Full Version : Furniture removal M31 Suomi?

jhp230gr2001
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
I have my Suomi taken apart and soaking, but am not sure how to remove the wood. Is it just that weird cross bolt thing that requires a special tool, or does it slide off the receiver.... and is too sticky to come off? Anyone?

imanaknut
03-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Hang around, you have a fairly rare rifle so it might take a while for someone to show up that can answer your question.

jhp230gr2001
03-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Hang around, you have a fairly rare rifle so it might take a while for someone to show up that can answer your question.

Thanks, I have been using this site for a long time but after the transition, I guess we lost our posting status.... I know someone here will have the know how to help...

Schuetzenman
03-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Never owned one or the kit so I can't help out. So did you have another handle on the old site?

jhp230gr2001
03-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Never owned one or the kit so I can't help out. So did you have another handle on the old site?

same handle.... BTW, the Suomi is really heavy!! I can't wait to finish it so I can shoot it ! If I can ever find some 9mm.....

jhp230gr2001
03-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Well, I got a special spanner-type wrench to remove the cross bolt (which has 2 holes about a half inch apart) and with some CLP and muscle it came loose. I had to use a rubber mallet to gently tap on the stock, but it finally came loose from the receiver. I still don't think removing the cross bolt is important, but... Now the steel stuff is soaking, and the wood is stripped to the white... next is a light sanding. I can't wait to post some pics!