PDA

View Full Version : Some questions for you NFA experts....

Partisan1983
03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
I want to go to The Creek this fall.

If I find something I like at a good price from a dealer or individual, what is the process I have to go through exactly, to get it transferred to a local dealer?

Is it insulting to a local dealer if talk to them about beforehand without ever having bought anything from 'em?

Don't know if it matters but all my NFA purchases will be done through a Trust (I have no choice).

Thank you in advance guys :)

az_paul
03-03-2013, 02:52 AM
It's a rather lengthy process, that these days takes about six months by time all the paperwork gets processed, before you get the gun. Your best bet is to find a local Class III dealer and ask him to walk you through the paperwork. Among other info, a signature from your local Sheriff or authorized person is required. I have never met a Class III dealer that wasn't willing to discuss the process.

Keep in mind that like any other part of this wonderful hobby, Class III weapons are unbelievably addictive.

I have never been to The Creek, but from what I've read, the wait to get a spot on the firing line could take several years. Perhaps someone who's been there could elaborate on this.

Good Luck! You have many fine memories awaiting you!