PDA

View Full Version : Anybody familiar with the Sub 2000?

DeadPool
09-10-2010, 03:49 PM
I bought one a few months ago and finally fired it last week. I was very impressed with the accurracy and one had one ftf out of 200 rds. What i was wondering was are they picky about HP's?

AKTexas
09-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I bought one a few months ago and finally fired it last week. I was very impressed with the accurracy and one had one ftf out of 200 rds. What i was wondering was are they picky about HP's?

My uncle has one in .40 and not a single problem one.Well over 500 rds since he got it.Very accurate for what it is.Fun to shoot,likes HP,lead cast etc.

matshock
09-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Try polishing the feed ramp, mine doesn't have any problems with HPs either.

It does however not like Wolf 9mm- cycle is too weak and it fails about 1/50 rounds.

O.S.O.K.
09-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Yep, I've got a G17 model - it likes standard or hot ammo. These are blow-back operated so they are tuned to regular 9mm ammo. And mine is fine with hp's too - but all's I've shot out of it are hp's with an ogive similar to fmj.

Krupski
09-10-2010, 09:12 PM

I have one in 9mm, Glock mag version. (edit to add): One of the older original ones.

I had a problem where it would only reliably feed +P+ ammo and jam with regular ammo (stovepipes usually).

So, I calculated the energy difference between a standard round and +P+, then used that ratio to remove metal from the recoil "buffer" (weight).

It ended up being 4 full length slots, 1/4 inch wide and 5/16 inch deep spaced 90 degrees apart (I had a picture of the buffer in the old Gunsnet photo album).

The reduced mass made the action cycle with normal ammo the same speed that it did with +P+ and the problems went away.

(of course, I went through the usual BS of experimenting with recoil springs when I realized that the recoil spring doesn't matter on the backward stroke). Doh.