PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid shoots down Feinstein gun-ban bill

LAGC
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Sen. Dianne Feinstein emerged from a closed-door meeting with Majority Leader Harry Reid on Monday — but her ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines didn’t.

Mr. Reid turned down her attempt to bring her ban on 157 different weapons and ammunition clips aboard the Democratic Party’s comprehensive gun bill, Politico reported.

“My understanding is it will not be ,” said Mrs. Feinstein, California Democrat. “I would like to , but the leader has decided not to do it. … You will have to ask him .”

Her bill instead will have to go forth separately or as an amendment — and that means it’s probably not going anywhere.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/19/reid-shoots-down-feinstein-gun-ban-bill/

Take that you little twit. Even your own fellow Democrats want nothing to do with you.

:coffee:

L1A1Rocker
03-19-2013, 11:42 AM
The only reason Harry kept it off is so that he CAN get gun control passed. Her plan would be a poison pill to HIS gun control plans that he thinks he can get passed. This is NOT a good thing.

rshaneck2002
03-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Well said Rocker., WATCH THE OTHER HAND AT ALL TIMES!

LAGC
03-19-2013, 12:28 PM
The only reason Harry kept it off is so that he CAN get gun control passed. Her plan would be a poison pill to HIS gun control plans that he thinks he can get passed. This is NOT a good thing.

Yeah, Senate Democrats are still hoping to pursue "universal background checks", but if the NRA has its way, the government won't be able to keep records (de facto registration).

So we'll see what happens in the House.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah, Senate Democrats are still hoping to pursue "universal background checks", but if the NRA has its way, the government won't be able to keep records (de facto registration).

So we'll see what happens in the House. They already do. They wholesale copy 4473's whenever they want. It needs to be a major crime that is enforced to keep any records, but it's impractical for the gov't to police itself. Fast and furious proves this, so there should be NO background checks.

binky59
03-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Still it is nice to have her take a big bite out of a shit sandwich that
Reid served her. That old bitch needs someone to to put a muzzle
on her and kick her ass out of politics.

LAGC
03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
They already do. They wholesale copy 4473's whenever they want. It needs to be a major crime that is enforced to keep any records, but it's impractical for the gov't to police itself. Fast and furious proves this, so there should be NO background checks.

I agree with you. I think all "universal background checks" would do is stop someone like me from getting a gun, but its not convicted felons who are out there doing all these mass-shootings, but people with no criminal records at all. But fact remains, most polls have shown that over 90% of the public thinks that people with criminal records or mental health issues shouldn't be able to so easily purchase a gun, so there is pretty broad support for the idea.

There are ways they could do it though that wouldn't be so invasive, like instead of having all private purchases go through an FFL with all the paperwork like they do in California, just let everyone call in NICS checks directly instead. Or even better: just print "NICS compliant" on driver's licenses, so that a seller could just look and know right away that someone wasn't prohibited, just like many states do with CCW permits now.

But the truth of the matter is, if someone really wants a gun they are going to figure out a way to find one. Either via theft or the black market. So all this talk about "enforcing the law" and "cracking down" is just one big circle jerk anyway.

5.56NATO
03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Now watch the rinos try the same thing.

Dan Morris
03-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Watch it slipped into another bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is NOT over.
Dan

imanaknut
03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Watch it slipped into another bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is NOT over.
Dan

THIS!!!! /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

She can still slip it into important legislation as an amendment or hide it like was done with the machinegun ban in 1986. More than ever we need to stay vigilant.

Expect it as part of a popular spending bill. Something that if it gets turned down will make obama-messiah's people angry.

stinker
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM
I would like to , but the leader has decided not to do it.

The leader?

Wow...just...wow.

Sucks to be a communist where you put all your faith in men don't it eh Frankenstein?

I can't help but think of the mentality that exists under douchebags like this when she utters those words.
http://nachrichten-politik.at/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/kim-jong-il-relaxing112.jpg

alismith
03-19-2013, 05:15 PM
A lot of states will pick up whatever ball the Feds drop. Just look at what's happening in NY, MD, and CO.

studmuffin
03-19-2013, 05:51 PM
And many will not. CO seems to be the one suprise. Most of the other states are and were predictable.

rshaneck2002
03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Stinker,thats the best pic i have seen in a month,is there anyway we can e-mail that to his son?

Hobe Sound AK
03-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Has anyone else noticed, that despite over 25 Year's, plus the Legal Team of the 1934 Group which has been trying to legally overturn the 1986 Machine Gun Ban. They never get anywhere! They have gained no Ground whatso ever! Make's me wonder is it because the NRA or the Fudd's abandoned them? I am quite sure I could kill something with an L2A3! also known as the MK.IV Submachine Gun. But for 22,000.00 Dollar's I dont think so! oh well!

ready
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
I heard a quote on Fox where she referred to 2A supporters as enemies. That little freudian slip tells me exactly what she thinks.

blacksheep
03-19-2013, 08:58 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/19/reid-shoots-down-feinstein-gun-ban-bill/

Take that you little twit. Even your own fellow Democrats want nothing to do with you.

:coffee:

You can't be silly enough to think that's the end of it.

NAPOTS
03-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I heard a quote on Fox where she referred to 2A supporters as enemies. That little freudian slip tells me exactly what she thinks.

no big deal, many consider her an enemy of America and all that it should stand for.

JTHunter
03-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Well said Rocker. WATCH THE OTHER HAND AT ALL TIMES!

Watch it slipped into another bill!! This is NOT over.

Reid also made a comment that this could be added back on another bill as an amendment.

ready
03-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Who would want that boat anchor attached to their bill?

stinker
03-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Who would want that boat anchor attached to their bill?

It'll be attached to the "happy happy feelings and childrens clean drinking water act" any time some dem decides they need a soundbyte moment to call some republican a big ol neanderthal hick that wants children to be unhappy drinking dirty water.

That or they'll try to attach it to any republican sponsored bill they want to kill.

rshaneck2002
03-20-2013, 05:25 AM
The only way to finish these asshats on this subject is vote their asses out and teach them a hard cold lesson like 95, some DEMS have forgot or never knew. is it possiable these days, i really dont know with this "gimme" worship we have going on in this country these days. we will find out in the next round in 2014.

Guns Network Staff
03-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Ah this was all on point folks. She listed every god damn weapon... so in order to pass it they will take off the pistols, shotguns, and go back to the original gun ban to pick up more votes. They need 60 and it appears they only had 40.

Remember folks they just moved the window, this is all a ploy and everything the liberals due is on cue.