PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P89 Questions

ATAK, Inc.
09-11-2010, 12:53 AM
First off, thanks to those who helped educate me regarding a S&W PPK, I asked the guy how well it shot and if there were any loose sight issues and he never replied.

Now for the current issue; at a local pawn shop, they have a blue P89 with one 10rd mag, it is in 85-90% condition, looks well caered for. The owner said he would sell it to me for $270 out the door.

I already own a stainless P89 (well, my wife claimed it! lol), am familiar with them and like the way it shoots.

I want to add a hand gun to my stuff, would like a .45, but don't want to add another caliber. Just looking for a good backup weapon.

Comments? Suggestions?

mriddick
09-11-2010, 05:27 AM
I see them used in that price quite abit, it's nothing great IMO.

skorpion
09-11-2010, 07:31 AM
If you have the extra money, I don't see why not. The P89 was my first handgun, and I will not get rid of it, no matter how ugly or clunky or heavy it is compared to newer handguns. When I recently came across a P95 for $250, I did not hesitate in buying it to throw into the back of the Jeep.

blobman
09-11-2010, 10:21 AM
i agrree thats not a great price,but a fair one,the thing is(as you prolly know),those rugers are bulletproof

ATAK, Inc.
09-11-2010, 12:21 PM
i agrree thats not a great price,but a fair one,the thing is(as you prolly know),those rugers are bulletproof

I think I'll go to my favorite pawn shop in Lewiston and ask what they think and see what they have. I want a hand gun, and it would be logistically smart with the P89 since I already have one (my wife's) and have commonality of mags! Also want a shottie, so I guess I'll go and see what's out there today!