PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Dr Carson

l921428x
03-21-2013, 08:12 AM
real or a snake in the grass. I am still trying to figure this man out. While i will agree he is super intelligent, i have to wonder from where he came. Just popped up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/us/politics/dr-benjamin-carson-obama-critic-have-conservatives-dreaming-of-2016.html?partner=MYWAY&ei=5065&_r=1&

was_peacemaker
03-21-2013, 02:35 PM
real or a snake in the grass. I am still trying to figure this man out. While i will agree he is super intelligent, i have to wonder from where he came. Just popped up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/us/politics/dr-benjamin-carson-obama-critic-have-conservatives-dreaming-of-2016.html?partner=MYWAY&ei=5065&_r=1&

Real deal. He grew up poor and in the ghetto...decided to turn his life around as a young man and worked hard for what he has got. Nothing got handed to him...he went from the streets to one of the best Neurological Surgeons of our time.

You can't grow up a Seventh-Day Adventist and not know who Carson is. Go to a local SDA church near you...they sometimes will have plenty of his literature...and have promoted him for 20+ years of more. I remember reading about him in the 2nd-6th grade. He is used as a role model in SDA to teach kids that you can keep the faith work hard and persevere.

I know somewhere around here I have a few books on him.

Dr. Gonzo GED
03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
I don't know much about the Seventh Day Adventists, but I do know they treated me with kindness and charity when they fixed my broken hand. They run the best hospital in our area. Very modern. The doctors are really proffesional. Every one is verry friendly and caring. I would be semi-crippled today if not for their generosity.

There's a lot of division among christians as to who holds "the real kung fu" but FWIW, from where I stand the SDA are doing god's work here in Portland.

5.56NATO
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Sda huh? Ffs. Imagine millions of Wacos across the US.

was_peacemaker
03-21-2013, 11:26 PM
I don't know much about the Seventh Day Adventists, but I do know they treated me with kindness and charity when they fixed my broken hand. They run the best hospital in our area. Very modern. The doctors are really proffesional. Every one is verry friendly and caring. I would be semi-crippled today if not for their generosity.

There's a lot of division among christians as to who holds "the real kung fu" but FWIW, from where I stand the SDA are doing god's work here in Portland.

Glad that got you fixed up! Your right though...they run some of the best hospitals in the country and have a good rep for patient care.

btcave
03-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Don't know much about Dr. Carson, but I live in Oregon's SDA ground zero here in Laurelwood/Gaston. The former Laurelwood Academy is about a 10 minute drunken stumble through the woods from my home. Good folk. Not my cup of tea religious wise, but self sufficient/self reliant in practice, so that is always a plus in my book. This valley I live in was settled by them in the 1860's, and I love it here.