PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember the murder of those two little girls

Richard Simmons
03-25-2013, 05:03 PM
in Oklahoma a few years ago? They were friends or cousins or something and were found shot to death in a ditch not that far from their rural homes. Don't know what made me think about them but I did and was just wondering if their murders were ever solved? We posted about it on the old board and there was speculation it was a gang initiation murder or something like that. IIRC two different caliber firearms were used. It's not the first time I've thought about this case but it's the first time I thought to post about it.

N/A
03-25-2013, 05:20 PM
There was something about that in the news a few weeks ago....but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was.

Warthogg
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
I too thought about those girls recently. Maybe a year ago there was a short blurb of new publicity but nothing since. Country girls for sure. They would meet with their friends on a river bridge that was only about 1/4 mile from the girls home.......IIRC.

Wart

Warthogg
03-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Man charged in deaths of 2 Oklahoma girls left in ditch

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/09/justice/oklahoma-slain-girls

Weell lookee here.

Richard Simmons
03-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Thank you. He called them "monsters"? Must be a complete whack job.

rci2950
03-25-2013, 06:00 PM

maybe another case of schizophrenia?

LAGC
03-25-2013, 06:06 PM

Mental illness is no joke. Schizophrenia in particular can be quite dangerous to the affected individual before they realize what is really going on and get treated for it. If they think the voices in their head are coming from external sources, it only reinforces the paranoia and makes them think someone is sending them messages or giving them orders to do something or otherwise controlling their thoughts. Perceptions can be blurred...

Most of the time the audio/visual hallucinations are harmless, but in those few cases where people go off the deep end, tragedy can ensue. Friends/family need to recognize the signs and get people help, nip it in the bud -- but sometimes it isn't so apparent and/or the affected don't want help. So all you can do is let it run its course and hope nothing too crazy happens...

Richard Simmons
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
maybe another case of schizophrenia?

Wonder if he passed a background check when he bought the G22? Probably another case of un-diagnosed but not unnoticed mental illness or like Cho he was not prohibited because he was only treated on an outpatient basis.

coppertales
03-25-2013, 07:21 PM
And you wonder why they closed all those insane asylums around the country that the ghost hunters are crawling all over. Yep, those meds substituting sure did work out well. chris3

N/A
03-25-2013, 07:35 PM
There was something about that in the news a few weeks ago....but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was.

He was finally ordered to trial back in January.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/kevin-sweat-ordered-to-trial_n_2577001.html

tank_monkey
03-25-2013, 08:22 PM
A part of mental illness is active hallucinations. I knew of some folks who saw some pretty scary things when the rest of us did not (A friend's wife was a clinical psychologist and I ran into some of these folks once at her work).

Don't know. Can you imagine looking out and instead of seeing people, you see monsters?

I remember this one woman who kept on talking about the crazy lady who wouldn't leave her alone. But then after seeing shows like "The Ghost Whisperer" and movies like "The Sixth Sense" I got a little creeped out by that. Glad I don't see anything weird. Don't think I'd want to. :(

ready
03-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Could be meth, too.

tank_monkey
03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Could be meth, too.
Does meth make you hallucinate? I thought it just made you ultra paranoid.