PDA

View Full Version : Skip the P89 and the Universal Carbine...

ATAK, Inc.
09-11-2010, 05:25 PM
... I went to my favorite pawn shop, 50 miles away, mainly to make good on a promise to show off my PKM, but while there found a couple of what I think were decent deals;

First off, a Mossberg 500, 20"bbl, 3" chamber, 8rd tube, black plastic furniture, only a small scratch on one side of the receiver and a slightly longer one on the other side.

Next, a Norinco Tokerev, bluing worn off a bit near the muzzle, other than that, spotless inside and out!

Got them both for $375 out the door, don't know if I got a 'great' deal, but know it was not bad, and I wanted both guns!

Bad news, gotta wait 3 days :(

Good news, they were free, cause when I was in Vegas, I won a total of $2,100!!!:)

RCS
09-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me. Get up some range time pics.

ATAK, Inc.
09-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Now for ammo and mags for the Tok. I found 5 mags for $70 on GB, it says they will not fit the Yugo model but should work fine in others. Is there another source for these?

Ammo wise, I see JG sales has some good prices on both Polish ammo from the 50's, still sealed, 1,260rds for $90, and Yugo brass cased non-magnetic, 80's made, 1,050rds for $100.

Any other deals out there for both mags and ammo???

mriddick
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Is the Tok 762x25 or 9mm? The Mossberg if a true 500 (top safety) sells new for $300, if a maverick (TG safety) I've found them as low as $200 locally. Either makes the Tok a good deal.

ATAK, Inc.
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Is the Tok 762x25 or 9mm? The Mossberg if a true 500 (top safety) sells new for $300, if a maverick (TG safety) I've found them as low as $200 locally. Either makes the Tok a good deal.

It's 7.62x25. All I noticed was the slide release behind the TG. I am dumb when it comes to shotguns, so bear with me:)

sisyphus
09-12-2010, 10:00 AM
You didn't "steal" them, but it was a decent deal. I've had several Chikom "Tok's" but they were in 9MM, so not the real thing. They're a serviceable pistol and I still have two of them.......the other two were traded or made a gift of to the SIL. I prefer the original desidn without the B.S. safety lever added by fed regs. They're also handier with the original grips that weren't changed to please ignorant American buyers.

Congrats on finding those two!

ATAK, Inc.
09-12-2010, 10:34 AM
You didn't "steal" them, but it was a decent deal. I've had several Chikom "Tok's" but they were in 9MM, so not the real thing. They're a serviceable pistol and I still have two of them.......the other two were traded or made a gift of to the SIL. I prefer the original desidn without the B.S. safety lever added by fed regs. They're also handier with the original grips that weren't changed to please ignorant American buyers.

Congrats on finding those two!

Thanks! The only time you get a steal from a pawn shop is when you really steal something! But I've been going there for several years, and they always give me 20% off the sticker on just about everything. It's a family run business, the dad has a 1921 Thompson, the boys are big gun nuts and enjoy when I bring in the Drag, or like yesterday, the PKM! Draws a crowd like a hooker with a 1/2 off sale sign!

sisyphus
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
There are a few shops around here that I'll frequent like that, but none are independent. There was a decent clearance sale at one of them a couple of weeks ago where I picked up a couple of nice pistols (CZ82 & Sigma 40). Not "steals", but good deals nonetheless.