PDA

View Full Version : I commemorated 9-11 today by...

Altarboy
09-11-2010, 05:54 PM
going out back and shooting. My wife, my son and I shot the .357,the 9mm, the .45, and the MAK-90 (chinese ak). Sweet way to relieve the stress. My little home made range is getting worn and needs some tlc. I get so mad at all that is going on and something in me is growing and ugly and malignant. I don't know what it is, but shooting and working out seem to help a little. I wish we didn't have a muslim sympathiser in the Whitehouse. I wish Americans didn't get so afraid when a hick wants to burn a quoran. I wish mosques were not allowed to be built anymore-certainly not as many as are going up. I guess I can wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up quicker.

aliceinchains
09-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Working out is great tool. I need to add some cardio. Its not that Americans are afraid to burn the quoran. It won't resolve anything. It will only fuel the fire for Muslims good and bad.

old Grump
09-11-2010, 06:30 PM
September 11 is the same for me, today 22 9 MM, 38 spcl 45 ACP and finished off with my usual Osama bin Laden target. I usually do it with my S&W M41 pistol at 25 yards but I was feeling ornery today and went 10/22 at 50 yards.

Rain or shine, on September 11 this target gets a work out. Only seems fair somehow. Now if I could just get him at a few hundred yards with my 300 Wby it would be a really good day.

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/4151793_sept_11_2010_Osama_50_yd_10-22.jpg (http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/4151793/sept_11_2010_Osama_50_yd_10-22.jpg.html)

Last time I shot this gun was at 100 yards, I was one click off on horizontal and elevation after returning to 50 yard zero to get a perfect zero but this was close enough.

Altarboy
09-11-2010, 06:33 PM
You're right, but it bothers me that a bumpkin pastor plans to burn one of their so-called holy books, and people from Obama to Patreaus beg him not to. It's his right. It's not really useful, but it's his right. Obama should have said "folks, I don't agree with it, but as an American, he has a right to express himself in such a way" and left it at that. These goddam people have the western world shaking in their boots.

mriddick
09-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I tired to call my 3 sons in the US Air Force and told them thanks for signing up in time of war (left a msg for 2, got through to one).

As for burning the Koran, I guess you can say I'd be more worried then afraid, although in some way "afraid" is in there as well if you want to call it that. See, the way I see it while you're out having fun with the family I know my son will soon be in Kandahar, he's already been on 4 deployments already and yes you can say I get "afraid" every time he goes overseas and spends a good deal time above the enemy.

So you want to burn a Koran from the safety of a church in Florida many men like my sons are overseas fighting the enemy, many closer to harms way then what my sons are. If we burn a Koran and allow the MSM to make a big deal of it like they will what do you think is the effect it will have on the threats to our servicemen? The way I see it there are 3 options, this action can make the threat worse for them, it can have no effect on the threat they face or it can reduce the threat. Truthfully which do you think it will do? I don't see it reducing the threat to our servicemen, I don't even see having no effect either, that leaves making the threat worse.

So for alittle feel good action from the safety of a church in Florida the threat to our servicemen is increased, this is something I don't want for my son, I don't want it for anyone's child. And this doesn't even touch on the whole becoming like the taliban to defeat taliban aspect of the burning. Sure the action is legal but in doing so you're on the same philosophical footing as the Naxi's, the Communist, the taliban and even the Westboro nuts, really on that alone do you want included in that group?

Altarboy
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Mriddick I wasn't suggesting that I was going to burn a Quoran, but I am bothered by how much it affects the pwb in this country. As a dad, I can understand how you would worry, but aren't the muslims already a danger? It seems to me that servicemen (and women) should not be near the people of Iraq and Afg. I wish they were bombed beyond recognition, THEN the ground forces would go in for a mop-up. Then, it wouldn't matter how angry the islamic world became. No i.e.d.s, no snipers from roofs, nothing. Anyhoo, I don't plan on burning anything but firewood here at our house or anywhere else.

HDR
09-12-2010, 06:13 AM
You're right, but it bothers me that a bumpkin pastor plans to burn one of their so-called holy books, and people from Obama to Patreaus beg him not to. It's his right. It's not really useful, but it's his right. Obama should have said "folks, I don't agree with it, but as an American, he has a right to express himself in such a way" and left it at that. These goddam people have the western world shaking in their boots.

It is becoming obvious that 0bama's attention is very selective and discriminatory.

HDR
09-12-2010, 06:41 AM
As someone who fought in Vietnam I see this a little differently..

I watched the peace demonstrators burn our Flag. I listened to them say we were "baby killers" and committed atrocities. I watched and heard them cheering for the deaths of Americans.

No president called them; nor has any president has called the WBC.

I watch the police protect the members of the WBC from the bereaved and the Patriots on motorcycles.

Although I believe burning the Koran, Quran or however they are spelling it today as stupid as burning any book. I sort of question the lack of equality. What I notice is another application of special rights.

Although I disagree with what the book burning preacher planned; it was his right. It is a pity that his right to be a moon bat was less than the WBC's etc.

We owe him a short thank you for the short seminar and demonstration on special rights and how they work in America.

FWIW, there are two wars going on. One is a fighting war; the other is a win their hearts and minds propaganda war.

Unfortunately with an inept amateur at the helm as our CIC we are losing it.

Randomluck
09-12-2010, 07:43 AM
My problem with the coran burning was that while it would piss the muzzies off mightily it wouldn't be a bad thing. We'd know which ones of the "religion of peace" are liars and need shooting. The bad thing would be that our fearful leader hasn't properly stocked our Troops with the ammo needed to execute the opportunity the burning created.

insider
09-12-2010, 01:15 PM
We should burn one koran for every person that was killed on 9-11. They show us no mercy, why should we appease them?