PDA

View Full Version : I have failed America, my community, the 2nd, and this gunboard.

was_peacemaker
04-01-2013, 06:58 AM
I have failed...due to my lazy butt...local business and civilians who were unarmed were threatened buy armed hoodlums who got away with robbery and promoting fear...and its my fault.

Here is what happened...last week my local convenient store was robbed by some pistol wielding punks....it seems they also used their weapons to threaten people in the parking lot and the local fast food restaurant. (I guess to get their rocks off) Well....normally at that time I am up there with either a pistol or shotgun nearby. That is when I get gas, snacks, food and such. The folks at the gas station are used to me pumping gas and packing a weapon in the open. It just so happens to be that...that one morning...I was lazy and didn't roll out of bed.

These thugs seemed to make a mockery out of people and threatened people. I am not saying I am Rambo and I know I am just an average joe...no bad ass. But the little French lady working in there was petrified and I feel like I let them down. I used to sit at the local gas station with a pistol grip shotty at night while my buddy who worked there took out the trash with a Glock .40. The owners who are Asian might have been wondering where all of us 2nd amendment folks were. Since they were used to it and except it. I swore after the last lady got taken hostage and tied up...we wouldn't let this happen. But it has...:(

I have used my 2nd to protect my home, myself against violent animals on the family farm. But this one time if I would have rolled out of the bed as usual I could have protected the public....and I failed. :( I could have nailed those asshole punk asses. Dammit! :( Not that I want to kill someone...but I could have done something for the community and made a not a 2nd statement...but an American Statement..that we won't be bullied by punks. Now I just look like some do nothing local. :(

deth502
04-01-2013, 07:04 AM
would have, could have, should have..... get over it. its not your fault. what was stopping all of these "victims" from arming and defending themselves?

was_peacemaker
04-01-2013, 07:32 AM
would have, could have, should have..... get over it. its not your fault. what was stopping all of these "victims" from arming and defending themselves?

Your right...and I agree. What hits me is when some folks have made joking comments about "Where you Mr. gun guy?"..."Or why didn't you stop it?"

ROCK ME AMADEUS
04-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Well..

It's monday morning. DONT be that Quarterback.

was_peacemaker
04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
what was stopping all of these "victims" from arming and defending themselves?

Makes me wonder sense the place has been a target a few times...I know if they called the local militia group up...they would have better trained armed security than the bacon munchers. Many of the local militia around my parts are former vets who have served...can shoot are decent in hand to hand. Many of the rednecks around here are better trained than many of the fatboys who are local cops. I can say this since I went to school with some of these cops....and they were nothing more than local jock heros in high school a few years ago.

skorpion
04-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Don't worry about it. Sometimes the wolves happen to come when the sheep dog is off taking a shit. It's not your fault. Shit happens.

When I was in the military I saw guys going through what you're experiencing. "If I would have done X then Y wouldn't have happened." Constantly thinking about it made them go banana wacky. Don't think like that. The fact is that it's done; it's over, and there is nothing you can do about it but take your sack off of the cutting board, put it back in your pants, and move on.

A better way to think is just imagine how many such actions have been thwarted in the past because you happened to be there.

Stay strong.

rci2950
04-01-2013, 07:55 AM
might have been for the better. They could have seen your piece before you seen theirs and you may not be with us right now telling this story.

was_peacemaker
04-01-2013, 08:06 AM
might have been for the better. They could have seen your piece before you seen theirs and you may not be with us right now telling this story.

You may be right...but everytime I go out...I keep my head on a swivel and I always notice people around me. The way these punks used arms for harassing and robing my local store makes me feel like I am a victime also. A few years ago everyone knew that me and my friend packed heat....and didn't take shit from no one. Guess what...no robberies!! Now I can't be there as much and the get robbed. Makes me wondered if the local thugs knew about who was armed and who wasn't.

FunkyPertwee
04-01-2013, 08:22 AM
I thought you were going to say you left your gun at home that day.

Not being there at all isnt a failure on your part. Not being armed is their fault however.

Krupski
04-01-2013, 08:36 AM
The owners who are Asian might have been wondering where all of us 2nd amendment folks were. Since they were used to it and except it. I swore after the last lady got taken hostage and tied up...we wouldn't let this happen. But it has...:(

First of all, it's not YOUR duty to save the world. If you happen to be in the middle of a robbery and decide to act - fine. But you can't be everywhere.

Secondly, why didn't the "Asian owners" have weapons? It's THEIR responsibility to defend themselves a hell of a lot more than it is YOUR responsibility.

Nextly, Nobody got killed (including you, Rambo) so that's a plus.

Nextly, you didn't have to deal with the aftermath (cops show up, arrest you, take your guns, treat you like a criminal until you can prove what happened).

Nextly, you don't have to deal with the aftermath (how would you feel to shoot and possibly kill a human being - even a criminal)?

Nextly, you don't have to deal with the aftermath (family members of the thugs come after YOU for revenge for shooting their homeboy).

Lastly - Be glad it turned out the way it did.

silentkilla
04-01-2013, 09:28 AM
man it could have been bad, just like rci2950 said they could have seen your piece and just started a random fire exercise that hurt inocceint people instead they WOKE THEM UP! now maybe a couple of more people might do the same thing your trying to do and your neighborhood will be better protected. instead of trying to be there all the time, take some of the people around your nieghborhood that want to learn and teach them about guns and gun safety. that way you don't have to feel like this and you will have more help at the same time bro.

Guns Network Staff
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Seems like God saved your life. In that he knew if you tried to use the weapon you could have been "lights out".

Be thankful....

LAGC
04-01-2013, 04:49 PM
April Fool's joke story?

If true, it just goes to show how messed up it is that convenience store clerks can't pack heat.

A good friend of mine pulled a 1911 on a couple thugs trying to rob his store, scaring them away. The next day the store owner gave him the option of either keeping the gun at home or resigning. He chose the latter. Ironically, the store owner had a CCW permit and packed regularly himself. I guess what's good enough for the Chief isn't good enough for the Indians.

NAPOTS
04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Seems like God saved your life. In that he knew if you tried to use the weapon you could have been "lights out".

Be thankful....

My thoughts exactly, God was watching out for you. Its not your job to be a hero. Nothing good would have come from you drawing a weapon.

Best case scenario is you get off a few shots and disable the gunmen. The police decide not to press charges, no innocent bystanders are injured, and no one sues you. You still have to live with what happened for the rest of your life.

..... It goes downhill from there and fast.

dishman
04-01-2013, 08:02 PM
My thoughts exactly, God was watching out for you. Its not your job to be a hero. Nothing good would have come from you drawing a weapon.

Best case scenario is you get off a few shots and disable the gunmen. The police decide not to press charges, no innocent bystanders are injured, and no one sues you. You still have to live with what happened for the rest of your life.

..... It goes downhill from there and fast.

i would move to a better neighborhood..i know i will be flamed..but i left the city cause i did not want my kids getting a stray one in the noodle by "heroes" or "punks
you may call it defeat or quitting,i dont,i have children,and if my area is dangerous that you have to "pack heat" well f that area.
i will defend my zone with a vengeance..but i sure as shit aint going to orphan my kids protecting someones biz that does not bother to defend themselves..
i moved to where we all defend each other..let the savages have the cities..cant wait till the libtards get popped and robbed. when they let the scum off..and have their city condos..they aint coming here..lol..so they will turn to their home..let em all kill eachother..

ROCK ME AMADEUS
04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
after i read your post.

a guy blew his ex-wifes head off then killed himself in like 2 seconds at a grocery store i shop at once a week, last week.
He was prepared for his final act and knew the layout of the store.

How you think me or the hundreds of CCW guys around here feel .

was_peacemaker
04-02-2013, 05:59 AM
You know you guys are right. Can't really be out there playing Cpt. America. I just hate it when I hear of punks running around terrorizing locals who just trying to make an honest living. You know if the justice system would actually punish these criminals instead of letting them plea bargain everything down....then this stuff wouldn't happen so much.

deth502
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
the only thing this would do for me would be to give me a great personal point to rub in their faces as to why they should be defending themselves.

was_peacemaker
04-03-2013, 02:11 AM
the only thing this would do for me would be to give me a great personal point to rub in their faces as to why they should be defending themselves.

Or maybe remind them to purchase pistols, rifles, and shotty's with hi-capacity capabilities. Of course half these foreigners who run these shops are super liberal and wouldn't own a boomstick.

ltorlo64
04-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Or maybe remind them to purchase pistols, rifles, and shotty's with hi-capacity capabilities. Of course half these foreigners who run these shops are super liberal and wouldn't own a boomstick.

May be surprised. One situation I use often in arguments on why law abiding citizens would need an AR or AK with a 30 round mag happened in the LA riots. There was an Asian store owner in front of his store/house, behind a garbage can, holding a mob back with a AK and a couple of large banana mags. He could not have held back the mob with anything less that a firearm with a "high capacity" magazine. Remember, most liberals think it is alright to restrict everyone elses liberty as long as they protect their own.