PDA

View Full Version : I might have messed up in history class yesterday. I made people nervous or some such sillyness.

was_peacemaker
04-02-2013, 06:32 AM
We are talking about the Soviet Union, Stalin, the history of the KGB...etc, etc. Anyway I start explaining how the Russian troops would use their slings a lock a persons arms and heads up, and essentially turn a citizen into a human shield. I also was explaining how Commies have been known to mine playgrounds and stuff. Anyway the point I was making is that the Soviet Union would fight dirty and valued people and human life very little.

Well...I have freaked out my super pc teacher, and some how most of the minorities. I hope when I got to class tomorrow I am not asked to chit chat with the dean. :(

Seems that talking about Hind's, MiG's and tanks is also a non-no to.

ltorlo64
04-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Reminding people of factual history is a no-no unless you are putting down the US. I am surprised you did not know that.

Thanks for reminding them who really perpetrates atrocities in war. While the US does at times, they generally will investigate and take action to stop it from happening again. For Communist countries, atrocities are just part of their war fighting strategies and doctrines.

FunkyPertwee
04-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Be yourself. If people have a problem with it them fuck 'em.

I used to compare Hitler to FDR and the NAZI to the American progressive movement all the time in US history 2. I had a liberal black teacher from Philly in that class. Other teachers I took issue with was my US history 1 teacher who reminded us all the time that the colonists had no just reason to resort to a violent revolution. He thought we should have remained under British rule and been thankful for it. Then I had a Bio teacher who personally blamed Jesus for the deaths of every human involved in any war concerning religious conflict, and who supported involuntary euthanasia of children with terminal diseases, so that the saved money could be used to purchase AIDS medicine for adults.

Don't let the sheep hold you back from speaking truth. You MUST speak out. We are too close to the edge as a country for us not to speak out.

was_peacemaker
04-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Reminding people of factual history is a no-no unless you are putting down the US. I am surprised you did not know that.

Thanks for reminding them who really perpetrates atrocities in war. While the US does at times, they generally will investigate and take action to stop it from happening again. For Communist countries, atrocities are just part of their war fighting strategies and doctrines.

Your right and even today that is how the east fights.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6ad_1339957718

ROCK ME AMADEUS
04-02-2013, 08:21 AM

motto of my life.

Krupski
04-02-2013, 08:38 AM
We are talking about the Soviet Union, Stalin, the history of the KGB...etc, etc. Anyway I start explaining how the Russian troops would use their slings a lock a persons arms and heads up, and essentially turn a citizen into a human shield. I also was explaining how Commies have been known to mine playgrounds and stuff. Anyway the point I was making is that the Soviet Union would fight dirty and valued people and human life very little.

Well...I have freaked out my super pc teacher, and some how most of the minorities. I hope when I got to class tomorrow I am not asked to chit chat with the dean. :(

Seems that talking about Hind's, MiG's and tanks is also a non-no to.

College rules:

Rule #1: The professor is always right.

Rule #2: Always take it with a smile.

Rule #3: Never correct the professor.

Krupski
04-02-2013, 08:39 AM

.... except in school. "Being yourself" is a good way to get an "F" in a class.

LAGC
04-02-2013, 11:18 AM
College rules:

Rule #1: The professor is always right.

Rule #2: Always take it with a smile.

Rule #3: Never correct the professor.

Yep. Best college instructor I ever had was an Assistant Professor in Sociology, who taught my Intro and Radical Sociology/Economics class I took as an elective 10 years ago.

He laid out the truth of the matter: "Many professors will lead you to think that their own biases and political views won't affect your grades you get on papers and what not. That's a lie."

Indeed, I only got a 'B' in my Intro Sociology class because I did my final paper on how the school system in America was geared toward cranking out obedient workers who never questioned anything.

I only got a 'C' in my Radical Soc/Econ class because while I aced the Marxist economics half of the course, my work schedule changed so I had to drop out, getting an 'F' in the Postmodernism portion.

Oh well. :)

5.56NATO
04-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Stalin and Mao make Hitler look like an amateur at mass murder. But somehow commanists get a pass from professors and others who think commanismses is "enlightened", it's not, it's one of the darkest powers to enslave humanity yet.

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html

Kadmos
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Is there a chance that they looked at you funny not so much because you had negative things to say about communism, but perhaps that you talked about tactics and weaponry with a gleam in your eyes that made them think you might be a psychopath?

I always find it surprising when people talk about professors being unwilling to discuss other points of views or conclusions, this was not at all my experience in college. I had wonderful, sometimes heated discussions, disagreements, even arguments with many of my professors and participated and watched many more between the other students and professors and never got the sense that grades would be diminished by being involved in them.

rci2950
04-02-2013, 02:36 PM
watch your back. The liberals are on to you now.

Pikeman
04-03-2013, 07:18 PM
And don't forget that the good USSR did not use dolly mines in Afghanistan to injure children they were just recycling unused toys to make the war effort more green.

Oswald Bastable
04-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Is there a chance that they looked at you funny not so much because you had negative things to say about communism, but perhaps that you talked about tactics and weaponry with a gleam in your eyes that made them think you might be a psychopath?

I always find it surprising when people talk about professors being unwilling to discuss other points of views or conclusions, this was not at all my experience in college. I had wonderful, sometimes heated discussions, disagreements, even arguments with many of my professors and participated and watched many more between the other students and professors and never got the sense that grades would be diminished by being involved in them.

And how many years ago was that?

Kadmos
04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
And how many years ago was that?

20 through 3 years ago, on and off.

I love college!