PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle has returned.

El Duce
04-03-2013, 05:08 PM
The kitchen that I work in is an open one. So, for half the day we get to look out the windows while we work. Great views of the golf courses, mountains, trout stream. Well, the past 5-6 years. A Bald Eagle has made a certain tree a stop on his migration route. He usually hangs out for a couple of weeks. Well, he was back yesterday.

The tree that he likes is a large one about 50 yards from the club. So, we get a good view. Today he was perched, and I told the guys, don't worry, he'll give us a look. Sure enough he left the perch, flew about 30 yards from our windows, right at the same level. It was really cool.

Over the years we have seen him take trout from the creek. Really an awsome sight. Something that we have been looking forward to.

LAGC
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Bald eagles are beautiful creatures. There's a reason why they are our national symbol.

You can observe a bunch of them in action at the nearby Birds of Prey area here near Boise as well...

Schuetzenman
04-03-2013, 10:20 PM
A shame you can't get a video of that.

l921428x
04-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Damn that is so cool!!!

I see Hawks sometimes a Falcon and Owls where I live, have seen all of them in action, so to speak.
But I would love to see an Eagle. It would be awesome. Privileged you are.

Full Otto
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
West Lafayette a little over a year ago. They're pretty much established there on the Wabash

http://i42.tinypic.com/16no2h.jpg

I hear they are showing up around me but haven't seen them so far

El Duce
04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
We see hawks all of the time. I will try to remember to bring a camera to take some pics. We have pretty much a new crew. So, they all think that it is pretty cool to see an Eagle in the wild.

I remember the first time that I ever saw one in the wild. I was in 8th grade on a two week canoe trip in the Canadian boundry waters. One flew out of nowhere right above us. To this day I remember that we all started singing My Country Tis of Thee.