PDA

View Full Version : ati stocks?

itsme1738
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
anyone have one?......i found a ati 6 position folding stock for 50 bux

stinker
04-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Buyer beware.
It has an extremely long length of pull.

It's length fully collapsed would probably be comfortable for someone 7+ feet tall, but for the average 6 foot it feels like you're holding the rifle at full arms length.
I could barely reach the fore grip with it fully collapsed.
I found it to be EXTREMELY uncomfortable and wouldn't give a wooden nickel for one.

Their pistol grip on the other hand is exactly the opposite.
Extremely comfortable and fits my hand like a well made glove.

Brian
06-18-2013, 11:40 AM
I recently bought the ati elite set and it fits fine I'm 5'11" but fully extended is little to much love the pistol grip

jakebrake
06-18-2013, 07:56 PM
had one for an sks. wiggled so damn much I took it off and gave it away. he did the same.

AKhoarder
07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Just put the ATI Strikeforce Kit on my 2000 SAR-1 and it was the best $100 I've ever spent on this weapon. I'm under 6ft and use the stock mostly in the collapsed position but when I do shoulder fire it I have the stock at the first position and it is quite comfortable. The adjustable cheek rest is sweet if you are using optics mounted on a raised (see through) mount, it allows for much faster target acquisition. I am using a Red Dot but often use the iron sights. Not that the AK has much recoil to begin with it takes it down to a level comparable to my AR-15. I plan on getting an ATI kit for my other 3 AKs and saving the wood furniture in case I ever decide to sell one of them.

ncbearman
07-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Just put the ATI Strikeforce Kit on my 2000 SAR-1 and it was the best $100 I've ever spent on this weapon. I'm under 6ft and use the stock mostly in the collapsed position but when I do shoulder fire it I have the stock at the first position and it is quite comfortable. The adjustable cheek rest is sweet if you are using optics mounted on a raised (see through) mount, it allows for much faster target acquisition. I am using a Red Dot but often use the iron sights. Not that the AK has much recoil to begin with it takes it down to a level comparable to my AR-15. I plan on getting an ATI kit for my other 3 AKs and saving the wood furniture in case I ever decide to sell one of them.

I would be interested in one of those furniture kits if you do sell. See my thread- http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?26415-AK-ID