PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Optics and mounts advice.

johnnyringo
04-15-2013, 07:39 AM
I finally stepped up and ordered a Bulgarian SAM7R AK by Arsenal. Now I'm looking for optics. If practical, I like to retain the ability to use the iron sights as well. I'm looking for input/recommendations on what others are using. I've looked at the EOtech stuff and kinda like it but haven't focus on any specific model. I'm sure there is more out there. Your thoughts greatly appreciated! Thanks, JR

Maybe something similar to this mounting ?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/bottleinamessage/mount-1_zpsb4742caa.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/bottleinamessage/media/mount-1_zpsb4742caa.jpg.html)

stinker
04-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Eotech is nice, i love those things.

Aimpoint comp m4 is a great red dot too.
You'll need a mount that sits more centered over the top of the receiver if you get either instead of the offset one shown in that pic though.

Trijicon makes some great stuff worthy of mounting too.

It all ultimately comes down to how much you're willing to spend and what you like though.

Stormlaketactical
04-15-2013, 11:51 PM
I also like Aimpoint and Eotech. I also like the new Burris Line which is the Burris AR-336 and the Burris AR 536. They have a 3x and a 5x magnifier built into them and are built very well for the money. Check them out.

wud duk
06-25-2013, 02:21 PM
I have both Eotech and Aimpoint and can't say anything negative about either one. I've never mounted an Eotech to either of my AK's (not sure why) but have mounted an aimpoint to them. As stated above...you will need a low profile mount. Both are great sights.

FunkyPertwee
06-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Eotechs sit too high to co-witness with AK irons. An Aimpoint can achieve a lower 1/3 co-witness using a RS or Midwest brand 30mm AK side mount.

FunkyPertwee
06-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Actually, the RS mount you posted a pic of should work just fine.

Check out the Aimpoint PRO. It combines features of the M2 and M3 to make an affordable and high quality optic. They come with a quick detach AR mount you could probably sell to recoup some money.

AKMfan
12-26-2013, 06:55 AM
I am using a Vortex Strikefire in a Midwest industries 30mm AK side mount on my Arsenal SGL-21. Love the mount and the Vortex seems to work fine so far. Planning to use Trijicon 24mm Reflex if I can find the right rail interface.