PDA

View Full Version : How about a 22lr ammo find thread

bluzjamer
04-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Anyone find any....don't tell me about the excessivly priced Gun Broker stuff. Thiose guys are playing the lotto with their 22 stock.

I want some reasonable priced bricks I can order online. All the stores are out in my area (RI). Or out of their minds.

Schuetzenman
04-19-2013, 06:18 PM
I've looked extensively a couple nights a week for months now. There is ZERO resonably priced .22 LR ammo of any type anywhere if it is in stock. However, most places have zero .22 LR ammo of any type in stock resaonable or not. It is really a sad situation. I've been looking for Stingers since January and can't find any at any price.

bluzjamer
04-19-2013, 06:25 PM
I almost had some reasonable from Gander the other night but I took too long to hit the buy button. People need to stop buying at inflated prices, this will bring the price back down and the only thing that will do it. I'm on fixed income I can't go to GB and buy it.

nitewatcherXX
04-19-2013, 06:37 PM
WalMart has it early in the mornings, tho' I got lucky & got the last 525 federal brick they had 22.99 Dont really know why I bought it have 1000's already. I just couldnt help it. :) Anyways hit the walmart early early

El Laton Caliente
04-19-2013, 06:48 PM
I've looked extensively a couple nights a week for months now. There is ZERO resonably priced .22 LR ammo of any type anywhere if it is in stock. However, most places have zero .22 LR ammo of any type in stock resaonable or not. It is really a sad situation. I've been looking for Stingers since January and can't find any at any price.

Ditto...

In this area, a few dealers are limiting amounts w/o jacking up prices. No bulk at all. Walmart and Academy Sports get ammo in and sell out within minutes...

az_paul
04-20-2013, 12:48 AM
The only .22LR ammo aroung here is at gun shows and priced at $75+ for a brick. Unbelievable!

Infidelski
04-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Guess I really havn't paying attention to how bad the situation was until yesterday. A buddy sent an email saying I can't get no ammo whatsoever for standard handgun calibers or .22... I was headed to get the boy a crossbow for his birthday with first stop at gander and decided to have a looksee. Good grief! Plenty of sporting shot gun shells and a less than 20 boxes of 54r priced $13 for 20. Pretty good selection of Weatherby and Barnes style high power stuff and there was a pile of .17hmr but not one box of .22 anything, nor handgun nor common rifle like .308 or 30-06 nothing!
Crossbows were scarce and to make matters worse the salesman gave me a funny look and tried talking me out of a crossbow for the boy so off I went to Acadamy. Same story there too, plenty of special high power, sporting shells priced $7/box and a few tins of russian 9mm priced $199-$249. Walmart was pretty much the same situation nothing but no high power, sporting shells only but price was in normal price realm.

So this afternoon I hit the web and ammseek, .22 Fiochi 40gr priced 21cents each CCI SPEAR 36gr priced 27cents when buying 375 for $100. Most of the big box outdoor stores on the web now say in store only for most ammo to which there is none in the store. Simply put, this is out of control and looking like the best thing to do is clean all the hardware, store the ammo and lock the safe for better or stranger days.

El Laton Caliente
04-20-2013, 12:11 PM
I've considered buying a .17HMR just because I can still get ammo...

bluzjamer
04-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Difficulty finding ammo, price gouging on 223 308 762x39......we don't have to worry about bans. Can't shoot if you got no ammo.
Can't reload if you can't find components. Really suks.

NAPOTS
04-20-2013, 11:08 PM
We need to move this thread over to the k files. Might as well post asking if anyone has seen Bigfoot lately

GreenhawK
04-21-2013, 09:21 AM
I have found some at Academy early in the morning. You have to get there at 8am though. There is a line at the door every morning, and everyone goes straight to the customer service desk where they are keeping the ammo now. .22 is gone within the first few seconds that they are open. They are starting to catch up on the other calibers though.

old Grump
04-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Bought a brick of Centurion ammo for $36, shoots the same as Remington Gold, so far so good. Made in Mexico, cracks me up they make and sell it to us but their people can't have it without a mess of legal hassle and bribery.

Infidelski
04-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Deal of the day I guess. 30 cents each at cheaper than dirt when buying 500 match pistol. luckgunningturd has match for 40 cents each when buying fifty

bluzjamer
04-22-2013, 11:29 PM
We need to move this thread over to the k files. Might as well post asking if anyone has seen Bigfoot lately

Probably easier and cheaper to go and try to find Bigfoot than 22 lr.
I'm glad I have a good selection of highpowered airguns to ride this out with. Pellets are still cheap unless your using 9mm and larger and I have a good supply of those. Sold the 50 cal though....too much of an airhog.