PDA

View Full Version : Flor de las Antillis Toro.

El Jefe
04-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Well this should prove interesting. I finally got around to ordering a 5 pack of these to see what all the hype is about. I'm thinking since CA named them the cigar of the year they can't exactly be bad. ;)

I'll share a range report once I have them in hand.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/cigars/top25detail/year/2012/

El Jefe
04-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Damn! I got an e-mail this morning telling me these are back ordered. Argh!

Thompson has to be the slowest outfit in the world. I ordered these on Saturday and they don't realize something is up until the following Thursday?

CigarGuy
04-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Yes. Was rated #1 by cA and from Pepin, so you know it's good.
Now, Thompsons. THAT's another story.......

El Jefe
04-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes. Was rated #1 by cA and from Pepin, so you know it's good.
Now, Thompsons. THAT's another story.......

I went ahead and placed an order with Famous. Got 5 of the toros and decided to try a single My Father #3 churchill. :)

El Jefe
04-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Well fuck me! Now these too are back ordered. Dammit!

CigarGuy
04-27-2013, 08:36 AM
CBid has 'em...... ;)

El Jefe
04-27-2013, 10:08 AM
CBid has 'em...... ;)

Hadn't looked yet, was too busy being pissed! :)

mrkalashnikov
04-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Our old buds @ Thompson's are sending me catalogs at the rate of about one a month these days. Had a guy call me the other week from there, as well. He asked "Where ya been lately?" lol.

Sorry to hear of the slow service & backorders, Jeff. I've been thinking about placing an order with them since Seegar Season is upon us. Might have to reconsider now & just buy local....:cigarsmoking:

CigarGuy
04-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Our old buds @ Thompson's are sending me catalogs at the rate of about one a month these days. Had a guy call me the other week from there, as well. He asked "Where ya been lately?" lol.

Sorry to hear of the slow service & backorders, Jeff. I've been thinking about placing an order with them since Seegar Season is upon us. Might have to reconsider now & just buy local....:cigarsmoking:
I SHOuLD be more supportive of Thompsons as they are a Tampa company, but I'm not. They hook you with a cheap deal then are relentless. Not a fan of that.

El Jefe
04-28-2013, 01:00 PM
I SHOuLD be more supportive of Thompsons as they are a Tampa company, but I'm not. They hook you with a cheap deal then are relentless. Not a fan of that.

CI is probably as bad at the end of the day. I kinda like looking through the catalogs, kinda like the big Sears catalog when I was a kid. ;)

El Jefe
04-28-2013, 03:54 PM
For crying out loud! Just got an e-mail from Famous. My smokes have shipped and are already in Lenexa KS. I may have these as early as tomorrow. :smiley20:

CigarGuy
04-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Someone needs a new humidor?!

El Jefe
04-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Someone needs a new humidor?!

Actually, I probably have about 100 stogies I should give away. They've been resting in the humidor for awhile so they're in great shape, I just don't find them interesting, but I bet someone else would.

CigarGuy
04-29-2013, 12:35 PM
If you are looking for a good charity, there is a group out of Tampa that will send 'em to the troops in Afghan.
Shoot me an e, if interested?

TEN-32
04-29-2013, 12:59 PM
J-
Do you ever use JRCIGARS? I use them almost exclusively. Never disappointed.

El Jefe
04-29-2013, 01:27 PM
If you are looking for a good charity, there is a group out of Tampa that will send 'em to the troops in Afghan.
Shoot me an e, if interested?

I'll talk to you this afternoon, that's a damned fine idea! ;)

El Jefe
04-29-2013, 01:31 PM
J-
Do you ever use JRCIGARS? I use them almost exclusively. Never disappointed.

I've looked at the site, but haven't placed an order with them as of yet. I should probably give them a shot, some of these other web outlets don't have their act together enough to suit me. As an example; I can order grain and hops from Northern Brewer on a Monday afternoon and have the shipment in hand by Wednesday. This isn't rocket surgery for crying out loud!

CigarGuy
04-29-2013, 01:54 PM
I'll talk to you this afternoon, that's a damned fine idea! ;)

No reason to keep it a secret. If allowed to post a link, it's www.cigarsforwarriors.net.

El Jefe
04-30-2013, 08:03 PM
WTF?

Damn it, my smokes got into town last night via UPS. Great I thought, I'll have them by this afternoon, they'll be there for me when I get home from Matt's track meet. But no, for some stupid assed reason UPS took them to the fucking post office, those hair lips might deliver them tomorrow. :ireful3: