PDA

View Full Version : Any of youse guys smoke Drew Estate cigars?

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 11:21 AM
I've never tried anything by this bunch. But, it appears I won an auction for ten of them last night. :conf44:

Anyway, what I got was the Drew Estate Subculture, My Uzi Weighs a Ton-Bait Fish. I shit you not, thats the name.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1486470/Drew-Estate-Subculture-My-Uzi-Weighs-a-Ton-Bait-Fish-10-Cigars/

Got 10 of em for $36.00

CigarGuy
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
The Uzi and Bait Fish I've had and are pretty tasty.
I fear the Subculture is one of their "infused" cigars. If so, make sure
you segregate it from the rest of the boys. It's got a, uh, distinct, "smell"
to it that you don't want the rest to inhale........;)

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 12:34 PM
The Uzi and Bait Fish I've had and are pretty tasty.
I fear the Subculture is one of their "infused" cigars. If so, make sure
you segregate it from the rest of the boys. It's got a, uh, distinct, "smell"
to it that you don't want the rest to inhale........;)

Infused? The description didn't say anything about it being infused. Infused with what? :11doh:

CigarGuy
05-02-2013, 01:06 PM
You MAY be ok if it's Drew Estates, and not Acid by Drew Estates.
That bait fish is a nice 20-30 minute smoke.

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 01:44 PM
You MAY be ok if it's Drew Estates, and not Acid by Drew Estates.
That bait fish is a nice 20-30 minute smoke.

Nah, I've never even considered the Acid line. A good smoke tastes great all by itself, I don't need anything that's been soaked in formaldehyde or something. ;)

These should be interesting, if I don't like em I'll ship them to you.

mrkalashnikov
05-02-2013, 01:54 PM
We can only hope they don't taste of burning tire & dessicated corpse. Let us know. :bigsmilebounce:

CigarGuy
05-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Patcholi(sp)..............
Reminds me of the 70's. ;)

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Patcholi(sp)..............
Reminds me of the 70's. ;)

:confused1:

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 02:06 PM
We can only hope they don't taste of burning tire & dessicated corpse. Let us know. :bigsmilebounce:

I don't mind a medium/full cigar, but damn, that Don Pepin thing was like breathing welding fumes! :ohsnap:

CigarGuy
05-02-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't mind a medium/full cigar, but damn, that Don Pepin thing was like breathing welding fumes! :ohsnap:

It almost sounds like it wasn't stored properly/came in contact with something.
Both the black label, which you hated, and the Pepin you love are "considered" med/full with subtle diffs, I would think.

TEN-32
05-02-2013, 02:31 PM
I like the Acid cigars once in a while. The non-enhanced Dew Estate are also decent smokes. At $3.60 per I think you did good.

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM
It almost sounds like it wasn't stored properly/came in contact with something.
Both the black label, which you hated, and the Pepin you love are "considered" med/full with subtle diffs, I would think.

I dunno. :conf44:

Tell ya what, why don't I send them to you and you can decide. I mean I'm not going to smoke them and if you think you might like them they won't be sitting in my humidor. :)

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I like the Acid cigars once in a while. The non-enhanced Dew Estate are also decent smokes. At $3.60 per I think you did good.

Bleed, have you had a chance to try the Bait Fish?

CG likes them, and they have a large fan club on the Cbid forum as well.

TEN-32
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM
No sir, I have not. Is that a newer one in their line? I don't even recall ever hearing of it.

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 02:47 PM
No sir, I have not. Is that a newer one in their line? I don't even recall ever hearing of it.

Dunno, never heard of them before yesterday.

*note to self, only bid on smokes before the 3rd bourbon*

TEN-32
05-02-2013, 02:50 PM
OK...I just perused their website. Lots of crazy shit going on. I may have to revisit this brand. Let us know how the bait-fish roll out for you.

El Jefe
05-02-2013, 03:14 PM
OK...I just perused their website. Lots of crazy shit going on. I may have to revisit this brand. Let us know how the bait-fish roll out for you.

I'll do it.

Here's the thread that got me all twitchy:http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/posts/631044/baitfish

CigarGuy
05-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I dunno. :conf44:

Tell ya what, why don't I send them to you and you can decide. I mean I'm not going to smoke them and if you think you might like them they won't be sitting in my humidor. :)
Only if I can hit you back.......

El Jefe
05-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Only if I can hit you back.......

:club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJT2vJMsYc4

:laughingtohard:

Lol, hey, CG, what do you think of Diesel cigars? I may have a few of those in the way too.

CigarGuy
05-03-2013, 09:36 AM
That Bait Fish is a new line for them.
What size are those Cuban Classics again? I'm really a pain in the arse when it comes
to size, too. Don't like anything big.
Not tried on the diesel. I was afraid,bases on the name, that they'd taste like the way the
CC's tasted to you!

El Jefe
05-03-2013, 10:06 AM
That Bait Fish is a new line for them.
What size are those Cuban Classics again? I'm really a pain in the arse when it comes
to size, too. Don't like anything big.
Not tried on the diesel. I was afraid,bases on the name, that they'd taste like the way the
CC's tasted to you!

They're a robusto, by looking at them I'd say 5" x 48. I actually think the Diesel's are better, just quite strong flavored and bodied. The ones I've tried are the Diesel Unlimited. These aren't bad at all, just not in my preference zone. I can enjoy a med/full smoke but these are full on full. ;)

CigarGuy
05-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Robustos are fine as long as they are not over a 50.
And, I continue to search for a cigar that is "too strong"! Think my 'buds are dead!
To email to trade addy's?

El Jefe
05-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Robustos are fine as long as they are not over a 50.
And, I continue to search for a cigar that is "too strong"! Think my 'buds are dead!
To email to trade addy's?

Sure.