PDA

View Full Version : What America needs is a $10 Swisher Sweet.

El Jefe
05-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Wait, what, preposterous you say? Well, it's in the works. C'mon, what could possibly go wrong? ;)

http://www.cigarinspector.com/news-of-the-week/swisher-international-ventures-into-premium-market

CigarGuy
05-03-2013, 10:30 AM
"Tobacco grown in Tampa"
WTF? I live here! Where in h e double hockey sticks do they grow tobacco in Tampa?

El Jefe
05-03-2013, 10:36 AM
"Tobacco grown in Tampa"
WTF? I live here! Where in h e double hockey sticks do they grow tobacco in Tampa?

I know not.

I do know they grow lots of tobacco here in Missouri. In some communities the tobacco barns dot the landscape. Sadly tho, it's not cigar grade tobacco, I've been told it's used for cigs and chew.

CigarGuy
05-03-2013, 10:43 AM
And there it is. Long way from cig tobacco to cigars. I know they grow some broadleaf wrapper
In PA, and on course Conn Shade in Conn.

El Jefe
05-03-2013, 10:52 AM
And there it is. Long way from cig tobacco to cigars. I know they grow some broadleaf wrapper
In PA, and on course Conn Shade in Conn.

Yeah, that's been my understanding too. We grow wrapper leaf and pipe tobacco, but beyond that it's Winston's and Red Man. ;)

old Grump
05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
The abomination of all abominations that was ever committed against a tobacco leaf that was by far the worst sin. Cherry flavor and menthol flavors were bad enough but a Swisher Sweet. The maker, seller and user of that product should all be confined to a deep dark hole with nothing to eat drink or smoke but Swisher Sweets and dog urine for eternity.

El Jefe
05-03-2013, 01:41 PM
The abomination of all abominations that was ever committed against a tobacco leaf that was by far the worst sin. Cherry flavor and menthol flavors were bad enough but a Swisher Sweet. The maker, seller and user of that product should all be confined to a deep dark hole with nothing to eat drink or smoke but Swisher Sweets and dog urine for eternity.

These days there's all kinds of Swisher flavors, grape, strawberry, on and on. :bolt:

They tried this once before and it was a flop (premium cigars) and I don't see this attempt working either.

Lets see, I can lay down $10 for an Ashton, or $10 for a Swisher? Hmmmmm.....:roflwithfeetcv2:

old Grump
05-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I think the most I ever paid was about $60 for a box of 20 Kristoff Maduro Robusto. That was a long time ago and I just looked them up. That same box goes for $150 now. Good thing I quit smoking when I did. It was one of the few expensive cigars that didn't give me a nicotine high. Mostly I was a Dutch master smoker, Roi Tan if I was desperate and Marsh Wheelings because they were cheap and grossed out my boss. Living in San Diego and White Sands was great because I could go to Juarez or Tijuana and buy some really nice cigars that had a really rough looking leaf for an outer wrapper. I'd pull one out of my pocket and the Chief would moan and leave the shop. Don't have any idea what they were, they were in a bin behind the counter and I bought them by the bag full, maybe 60 or 70 cigars to the bag for around $15. Bargaining was half the fun of buying them. He would ask for a 1000 Pesos plus 5 Pesos for a box of matches, I'd offer 1 Peso and he had to give me a box of matches. It always ended up between 140 and 150 Pesos and he gave me the matches. Don't know what the exchange rate is now but I expect there would be less haggling and more money.

El Jefe
05-03-2013, 06:25 PM
I think the most I ever paid was about $60 for a box of 20 Kristoff Maduro Robusto. That was a long time ago and I just looked them up. That same box goes for $150 now. Good thing I quit smoking when I did. It was one of the few expensive cigars that didn't give me a nicotine high. Mostly I was a Dutch master smoker, Roi Tan if I was desperate and Marsh Wheelings because they were cheap and grossed out my boss. Living in San Diego and White Sands was great because I could go to Juarez or Tijuana and buy some really nice cigars that had a really rough looking leaf for an outer wrapper. I'd pull one out of my pocket and the Chief would moan and leave the shop. Don't have any idea what they were, they were in a bin behind the counter and I bought them by the bag full, maybe 60 or 70 cigars to the bag for around $15. Bargaining was half the fun of buying them. He would ask for a 1000 Pesos plus 5 Pesos for a box of matches, I'd offer 1 Peso and he had to give me a box of matches. It always ended up between 140 and 150 Pesos and he gave me the matches. Don't know what the exchange rate is now but I expect there would be less haggling and more money.

My Dad used an old Marsh Wheeling box to store stuff in, receipts, that kinda thing. I've heard of Kristoff's, but have never smoked one.

old Grump
05-03-2013, 11:01 PM
My Dad used an old Marsh Wheeling box to store stuff in, receipts, that kinda thing. I've heard of Kristoff's, but have never smoked one.
I probably had 200 Marsh Wheeling boxes in my shop full of nuts bolts, screws and hunks of stuff. They eventually got replaced by coffee cans when I quit smoking and took up coffee drinking. The boxes fell apart but the cans didn't. Buy 2 boxes of 50 cigars every month over 20 years and they add up. Most of my other cigars came in the 5 pack boxes or the glass tubes which ended up collecting dimes. My kid found them and a cigar box full of quarters. He had a heck of a day at the arcade. Amazing that he lived through puberty.

stevelyn
07-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Well........... They're here. I never dreamed I would see the day when Swisher, Vintage and Premium were used to describe the same product.

They even went out of their way way with the band.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/66669/swisher-sweet-premium-selection/

Nestor Plesencia is one of the top-gun makers, so they might not be that bad.

mrkalashnikov
07-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Lol, @ 10-buck Swishers. Traditionally the stogie to be enjoyed whilst reclining in an appliance box under a bridge. Pairs nicely with this libation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciR7Fq2tqJ0

TEN-32
07-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Now I know what to put in the box pass...:hi:

El Jefe
07-10-2013, 04:18 PM
:rotflmbao: