PDA

View Full Version : Anyone reloading 9mm for XD 9??

MeanzMagnum
09-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey guys, just starting to get into reloading and I was reading some articles online about it. One of them mentioned different brands of bullets being better/more accurate in different guns.

So my questions are:
- Anyone experimenting with reloading 9mm for the XD?
- What primers, bullets and powders are you using and have you used any others?
- What dies have you had good/bad luck with?

Thanks guys. I figured there's a bunch of knowledgable folks here and mine as well tap into to that knowledge pool! :thumbspbig:

O.S.O.K.
09-14-2010, 09:18 PM
My experience with the XD's is that they are pretty forgiving. Some autoloaders like my Kahr 9 require a special die to size the cases back down completely to factory spec - otherwise they won't chamber!

The XD's good with cast or jacketed. I can't really say or suggest particular bullets - I've only loaded jhp's - Speers and they did just fine. I typically use W231 for this caliber because I use it for many different pistol calibers and have a bunch of it. However, Universal Clays and Tightgroup have also done well for me in this caliber.

I will refrain from listing loads as the small capacity of the 9mm makes it particularly important to match the load to the exact bullet used IMHO.

As to cast bullets, the harder alloys are the best - like heat treated wheel weights or linotype with a good smokeless hard lube.