PDA

View Full Version : My Uzi Weighs a Ton Bait Fish

TEN-32
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
This one wins the "Oddest Name" award for sure. From what I can gather off the net, this is a collaboration between Drew Estate and Joya de Nicaragua. This 4x44 maduro is a beast. The construction is flawless, the draw is perfect. The wrapper is not dark and oily like some but maybe a shade darker than milk chocolate. I used a guillotine for a standard cut, and toasted it off. The first draw was complex as I was not sure what to expect. As It burned down a bit I observed a note that I cannot quite identify. Cumin is the best way I can describe it, but that isn't exactly it. This puppy is high octane, which is ok with me. I am enjoying it with black Starbucks Pike Place roast and it works nicely. I can probably squeeze almost an hour out of it if I nub it, which I doubtless will. I lost the ash at just past an inch...and no lack of nicotene here!

My thanks to tobacco cognoscente and friend Jefferson for your thoughtful gesture. Much appreciated and very much enjoyed thus far.
http://imageshack.us/a/img407/9669/20130515115130.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/892/20130515115939.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img254/4035/20130515122930.jpg

CigarGuy
05-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Excellent review. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could connect my taste buds and mind like you and Jeffy do!
Damn accountant in me, I guess?

TEN-32
05-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Excellent review. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could connect my taste buds and mind like you and Jeffy do!
Damn accountant in me, I guess?

To be honest I find most cigar/whisky/wine reviews to be either hilarious or pretentious. I read a cigar review once that said..."salty nuts on the palate, creamy finish". I almost pissed my pants laughing. The only time I will try to describe a particular flavor note is when I find something a bit "off" or a bit different. Beyond that I just either like it or dislike it.

Dr. Gonzo GED
05-15-2013, 01:03 PM
I read a cigar review once that said..."salty nuts on the palate, creamy finish". I almost pissed my pants laughing.
:lool:

El Jefe
05-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Bleed, nice job, great review. I'm glad you found it interesting. I'm also glad I'm not the only one to notice the different flavor found in these things. I'd say cumin comes as close to it as anything I can think of. This little smoke has a large following on the CigarBid forums. After reading like 3 different threads on them I decided to bring them in for a try. :)

I can't imagine smoking one of these with my morning coffee, but for a nice treat in the afternoon when you don't have an hour or two to kill....

I would think these would pair well and hold up against, about any whiskey. I don't see it getting lost in the shuffle by any means. And no, you don't get shorted on the nicotine front either.

Salty nuts on the palate with a creamy finish? :boobzji3::bigsmilebounce:

ps. I'm sitting here enjoying a pipe of the Billy Bud. I like it, flavorful and smooth, no bite. Do you buy this bulk? If so from whom?

TEN-32
05-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Ah yes, the Billy Bud is a staple for me. I do buy it bulk from here:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/codibubibu.html#.UZP_xLWThYU
I see it is currently on backorder...is there a tobacco ban in the works?:coffee:

El Jefe
05-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Ah yes, the Billy Bud is a staple for me. I do buy it bulk from here:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/codibubibu.html#.UZP_xLWThYU
I see it is currently on backorder...is there a tobacco ban in the works?:coffee:

Yeah, see, that's where I went looking for it. I'll bet that homo Obarry is behind this! :hitler:

Dr. Gonzo GED
06-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Just tried the Uzi myself and quite enjoyed it!

I tend to buy really dark, sweet stuff so this one was bit higher and drier of a note than I'm used to. A very nice change up to my usual routine.

Super smooth flavor, nice draw, not too strong or acrid. Pleasantly balanced. There was something familiar that I couldn't quite place. Cumin is a good way to describe it, maybe a touch of nutmeg too. Smoked it while walking downtown and had a righteous nicotine buzz by the time I got there. Felt like a Dick Tracy villain, call me "Rubber Face"!

...ok, maybe I should lay off these for a mintue...

...whoa... ...BATS!

Anyways, this was a great smoke and just the right size for my taste. Would definitely reccomend! My fingers haven't smelled this good since high school.

Thanks Jefferson!

El Jefe
06-14-2013, 07:40 PM
:rotflmbao:

Glad you enjoyed it.

TEN-32
06-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Lmfao....nice Doc.

Viking350
06-15-2013, 06:04 AM
I'm not a cigar smoker, nor do I partake in any kind of tobacco product, but when I was in Nassau once I bought a Cuban Cohiba. I sat on the balcony of my hotel room and smoked it while taking in the ocean view. Near the end I had this strange feeling. I thought it was just me, but after reading this thread I assume it was the nicotine kicking in.

El Jefe
06-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Yeah, Viking, it probably was the nicotine. Get enough of it and it can kick your ass. I've seen guys turn green and have to lie down from too much nicotine.

Anymore about the only time nicotine gets to me is if I'm doing yard work and its hot out and I have a big ol 4 finger dip of Skoal in my mouth. Luckily if I just spit it out and drink some water I'm fine in just a couple minuets. Yeah, I'm from Missouri. :dammit:

CigarGuy
06-15-2013, 09:29 AM
They say some sugar crystals down the throat cure it immediately.

El Jefe
06-15-2013, 01:06 PM
They say some sugar crystals down the throat cure it immediately.

Huh, hadn't heard that one. :anim_beer-1: