PDA

View Full Version : Cain Daytona Dbl Toro

El Jefe
05-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Holy smoke! This thing is a brute, a 6" x 60 brute. But, it's also pretty smooth and flavorful. ;)

http://s7.postimg.org/mzjql9c97/cain.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Those of you familiar with these will know they're made by Oliva, a company that refuses to make bad cigars.
I had seen these for sale and had been under the impression that everything in the Cain series was uber stout.
But CG informed me that no, the Daytona won't rip your face off. It's medium in strength and very tasty!

As for flavor, coffee, chocolate, rich tobacco. Not the most complex stick out there, but it is a cigar that tastes
good and has absolutely no rough edges. None.

As I type this I've been smoking this cigar for an hour and a half and it's probably got a half hour left in it.

It has gotten somewhat stronger as I've worked through it, but its also gotten sweeter. Has almost a brown sugar note on the finish. Needless to say, I like this cigar, I like it a lot. :thumbsup:

I'd rate this a solid 91. :)

TEN-32
05-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Would you characterize it as a strong cigar? I've had others in the Cain and Nub line up and the one thing they all had in common was octane. Never disappointed. For a monster with a 60 ring I'd use a punch or V cut.

CigarGuy
05-17-2013, 06:59 AM
I don't find it as strong as the "F" line. It's made with Jalapa ligero, not Esteli ligero.
Mmmmmmmm...........Esteli ligero..............
<shaking head> Anyways, as you guys know, I prefer the smaller ring gauges and
they have a nice corona in that line.

El Jefe
05-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Would you characterize it as a strong cigar? I've had others in the Cain and Nub line up and the one thing they all had in common was octane. Never disappointed. For a monster with a 60 ring I'd use a punch or V cut.

No, not really. Sure, it has plenty of nicotine, but nothing that would bother you, Bleed. It's pretty tasty, I'd call it medium in strength. I think the other Cain lines are stronger and as CG stated they use a different ligero thats less potent than some.

I like these, I'm going to keep my eye out for the Daytona in a Churchill size, that would be about perfect.

These have a nice easy draw, but burn slow. That tells me that while theres a lot of tobacco in them they are well rolled so no draw issues.

El Jefe
05-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Something else I had intended to share about these. I got these on Cbid, the 5-pak was $19.00 Yes, I said it, 5 of these for $19.00. Not bad. ;)

CigarGuy
05-18-2013, 10:15 AM
And, a reminder, the smaller vitola's are just as tasty. ;)

El Jefe
05-18-2013, 10:58 AM
And, a reminder, the smaller vitola's are just as tasty. ;)

We'll see about that, mister! Actually when I unpacked these I just got I had taken the one you sent me at the same time. It was simply the fact that I had plenty of time and was stoked getting these in is why I chose the howitzer. ;)

According to my e-mail this morning I won an auction of 5 of the Oliva Master Blends III torpedo! :naughty:

CigarGuy
05-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Welcome to MY world. Those master blends are quite tasty.

El Jefe
05-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Welcome to MY world. Those master blends are quite tasty.

Last summer I bought an Oliva sampler that had one in it. I remember making a mental note to try them again after smoking it, so when I stumbled across the auction I shot from the hip! ;)