PDA

View Full Version : Dick Trickle RIP.

El Duce
05-16-2013, 05:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/16/sport/motorsport/north-carolina-trickle-obit/?hpt=hp_t2

imanaknut
05-16-2013, 08:12 PM
I cannot imagine what caused him to take his own life, but what ever pain he was living with, I hope it is gone.

coppertales
05-16-2013, 08:29 PM
I remember him as a hot short track driver in WI back in the old days.....chris3

Krupski
05-16-2013, 08:57 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/16/sport/motorsport/north-carolina-trickle-obit/?hpt=hp_t2

"Dick Trickle"? Sounds like a medical problem.

Schuetzenman
05-16-2013, 09:33 PM
I wonder if he had cancer and didn't want to go through the pain to fight it. Well on the bright side at least he didn't ........... peter out.

l921428x
05-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Better to burn out than to fade away.

RIP

dishman
05-16-2013, 11:11 PM
I cannot imagine what caused him to take his own life, but what ever pain he was living with, I hope it is gone.

i respectively dissagree..i dont care how sick you are...whatever your issue is..killing yourself is a cowards way out...great for the kids!
i think the stats are pretty overwhelmong that if you off yourself..your children have major problems...
die by accident if you want to check out..but killing yourself is total punk pussy shit.
sorry to hear he was so dogged by whatever demons,but imho..no excuse.

was_peacemaker
05-17-2013, 04:10 AM
Dang..I remember him waaaaaay back in the day. RIP...I hate that happened.

rktman
05-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Agreed.
It's a bad way to go but I sometimes wonder if it will become more widespread as the boomers hit end of life. The pain and agony that some must bear is beyond words.

l921428x
05-17-2013, 10:43 AM
i respectively dissagree..i dont care how sick you are...whatever your issue is..killing yourself is a cowards way out...great for the kids!
i think the stats are pretty overwhelmong that if you off yourself..your children have major problems...
die by accident if you want to check out..but killing yourself is total punk pussy shit.
sorry to hear he was so dogged by whatever demons,but imho..no excuse. In a way DM i agree with you. But just know there are things, real things, that are real hard to endure. Just a few years ago I would have totally agreed with you. Now it is 60/40. We have read and seen that in older cultures when you become the burden you walk off and die. Being the highest form of intellgence on the planet comes with the fact that you do not forget. 30/40/50 year old memories swell in the dark of the night or the light of the day. Physical weaknesses take years for the human and weeks for other species, to expire.
I used to think your way, now ........ Can it always be worse?

El Duce
05-17-2013, 01:12 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/friends-family-say-late-sprint-cup-driver-dick-trickle-had-been-in-physical-pain-051713#!ePWbX

Helen Keller
05-17-2013, 03:38 PM
chronic pain can do some serious shit to your mental state.

Being the highest form of intelligence on the planet comes with the fact that you do not forget. 30/40/50 year old memories swell in the dark of the night or the light of the day.

and that's one of the problems. this "species" thinks too much.