PDA

View Full Version : Bill of sale form

Moebrown20
09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
For everyone to cover their butts:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/moebrown20/billofsale.jpg

I have it in Word & PDF as well. PM me if you need a better copy and I'll email it to you.

Shoot safely

AKTexas
09-14-2010, 02:33 PM

I have it in Word & PDF as well. PM me if you need a better copy and I'll email it to you.

Shoot safely

Good idea.I just ask to see the DL or CHL and I meet at the local Bass Pro shop or Cabelas.

Moebrown20
09-14-2010, 03:05 PM
You can still, but if you have a feeling...... it's a plus to have.

AKTexas
09-14-2010, 03:09 PM
You can still, but if you have a feeling...... it's a plus to have.

Yeah just in case you need to cover your ass.

Penguin
09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
I suppose it isn't a bad idea. I could see it saving your but in a bad situation.

deth502
09-14-2010, 07:06 PM
you can upload a pdf here as long as its under 19.5kb

MRIman
09-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I like the idea.
BUT
You don't need to be 21 to buy a handgun,only 18.
If going through an FFL,yes you must be 21.

This is Federal,state laws might differ.

Moebrown20
09-15-2010, 08:05 PM

Yeah, states do differ.

Zoff12
09-15-2010, 11:02 PM
This is the one I have used at times in the past...

Bick_Sastard
09-15-2010, 11:08 PM
You have fucking got to be kidding me!!!

lol,

never freakin mind!

Zoff12
09-15-2010, 11:15 PM
I like the idea.
BUT
You don't need to be 21 to buy a handgun,only 18.
If going through an FFL,yes you must be 21.

Yeah... under Virginia Code §18.2-308.7, "It shall be unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to knowingly and intentionally possess or transport a handgun or assault firearm anywhere in the Commonwealth." I have never been in a situation where I sold a firearm to someone under 21. Just luck of the draw. I got my PDF online and made some mods. Just left the age requirements on there for... well... no particular reason. lol

Tiny
09-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Thank's for the PDF Moe!!:ylsuper:

Moebrown20
09-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah... under Virginia Code §18.2-308.7, "It shall be unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to knowingly and intentionally possess or transport a handgun or assault firearm anywhere in the Commonwealth." I have never been in a situation where I sold a firearm to someone under 21. Just luck of the draw. I got my PDF online and made some mods. Just left the age requirements on there for... well... no particular reason. lol
Yeah, That's why I have it in the WORD format so you could make minor changes if needed.

NRAJOE
09-23-2010, 03:24 PM
What I always use...fold in half...one to me...one to buyer.

Firearm sales receipt:

Sellers name: ________________________________

Sellers address: ________________________________

Sellers license# ________________________________

Firearm sold: ________________________________

Firearm serial# ________________________________

Amount paid: ________________________________

Buyers license #_______________________________

Buyers name: ________________________________

Buyers address:_______________________________

The buyer of this firearm is a resident of Ohio at time of sale.
The buyer by signing this document declares he has never been convicted of a felony nor under indictment of a felony
charge at this time of sale.

Buyer also states they have never been charged nor under indictment for the charge of domestic violence.

Sellers signature:____________________________

Buyers signature:____________________________

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Firearm sales receipt:

Sellers name: ________________________________

Sellers address:________________________________

Sellers license#________________________________

Firearm sold: ________________________________

Firearm serial#________________________________

Amount paid: ________________________________

Buyers license#_______________________________

Buyers name: ________________________________

Buyers address:______________________________

The buyer of this firearm is a resident of Ohio at time of sale.
The buyer by signing this document declares he has never been convicted of a felony nor under indictment of a felony
charge at this time of sale.

Buyer also states they have never been charged nor under indictment for the charge of domestic violence.

Sellers signature:____________________________

Buyers signature:____________________________

Lucenut
01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
So the gun control/registration efforts of the looney left aren't enough so you guys cook up your own? I would NEVER fill out something like that for a FTF sale. This sort of thing just offends me in so many ways. There is NO law even close to requiring you to keep any records of a FTF sale. There are I believe ~ 10 states that require FTF sales go through local FFL or local LEO, but I would never live in a state like that.

I believe all laws restricting sales to certain individuals all use the word "knowingly". If you are going to demand a drivers license to prove you didn't "knowingly" sell to an out of state individual are you then also going to give the individual a psychiatric eval, and run a background check to insure he is not a felon?

Why some people without even understanding their rights go right ahead and surrender them I'll never understand.

deth502
01-23-2011, 12:12 PM
first off, this should be stickied.

second, if you dont want to use it, dont. the only one who can get fucked is YOU. and it works both ways, not just afa the buyer goes. i have seen ppl get fuck when buying a gun FROM A DEALER when it was later found out they were stolen. when the leo's come knocking on your door looking for it and you tell them "idk, i sold it to some guy, idk who it was" see how well that works out for you. you may not be guilty of anything, but it will at the least take you a few days to put your house back together after they go through everything you own with a fine tooth comb.

Zoff12
01-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I'd have to agree with deth on this. You don't want to do it... don't. I am doing it for MY protection and no other reason. With the way the left has done on the past... I am not leaving anything up to a court when it comes to my future.

Lucenut
01-24-2011, 03:43 PM
The ignorance of this is palpable. First of all even if you buy a firearm from an FFL it is NOT "in your name". They do a background check on you, that is all. The records are purged daily. If somehow police determined a gun was purchased from a particular FFL and they searched through that dealer's 4473 pile and find your name, that is nowhere near evidence that you committed a crime.

You folks are giving up rights, I just hate to see it.

deth502
01-24-2011, 04:50 PM
The records are purged daily.

:lool: :lool:

hey, ive got a bridge ill sell you real cheap too!!

and everyone knows that you HAVE to commit a crime to be harrassed by the police, right??

to paraphrase your post, the ignorance of that is paplable.

Zoff12
01-24-2011, 06:10 PM
The ignorance of this is palpable. First of all even if you buy a firearm from an FFL it is NOT "in your name". They do a background check on you, that is all. The records are purged daily. If somehow police determined a gun was purchased from a particular FFL and they searched through that dealer's 4473 pile and find your name, that is nowhere near evidence that you committed a crime.

Ignorance? Ignorance is not protecting yourself and not knowing how the system works. Knowledge is power. Lack of it is dangerous. You buy a gun at an FFL... it can absolutely be traced. Law Enforcement fills out ATF E-Form 3312.1. Fax it into the Trace Center and in a few days or weeks, the original buyer is known. ATF traces it from the manufacturer... to the distributor... to the dealer... dealer has this recorded in his books (required by Fed Law) and they now know who originally bought it. It doesn't take a genius to follow the trail of the sale. If the original buyer does the "I can't remember who I sold it to" bit, you can bet their gonna crawl up his/her ass with a microscope. Think they won't try to make an issue out of not knowing if you sold to a legit buyer or not? Look at today political gun climate. Might not find anything when they do look but you'll probably wish you were greased up real well before they started. Wanna try "it was stolen/lost"? Many places are passing laws that require a person to report any stolen or lost firearm and some of the penalties are pretty stiff. I suspect that if it came down to it... some stranger's head on the chopping block or mine... it ain't gonna be my head. Coming here and telling us WE are ignorant? Well... that fits the word Ignorant. I can't do any good for my family if I catch heat because some knucklehead I sold a gun to did something stupid and I can't cover my ass. Don't say not to sell the gun to the knucklehead. Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone's got problems as those problems don't always show. You never know.

deth502
01-24-2011, 08:45 PM

im just curious how making a bill of sale is giving up rights??

next time you go grocery shopping, tell them your not going to let them go through my cart and itemize your items on a receipt, becuase thats a violation of your rights.

binky59
05-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Ignorance? Ignorance is not protecting yourself and not knowing how the system works. Knowledge is power. Lack of it is dangerous. You buy a gun at an FFL... it can absolutely be traced. Law Enforcement fills out ATF E-Form 3312.1. Fax it into the Trace Center and in a few days or weeks, the original buyer is known. ATF traces it from the manufacturer... to the distributor... to the dealer... dealer has this recorded in his books (required by Fed Law) and they now know who originally bought it. It doesn't take a genius to follow the trail of the sale. If the original buyer does the "I can't remember who I sold it to" bit, you can bet their gonna crawl up his/her ass with a microscope. Think they won't try to make an issue out of not knowing if you sold to a legit buyer or not? Look at today political gun climate. Might not find anything when they do look but you'll probably wish you were greased up real well before they started. Wanna try "it was stolen/lost"? Many places are passing laws that require a person to report any stolen or lost firearm and some of the penalties are pretty stiff. I suspect that if it came down to it... some stranger's head on the chopping block or mine... it ain't gonna be my head. Coming here and telling us WE are ignorant? Well... that fits the word Ignorant. I can't do any good for my family if I catch heat because some knucklehead I sold a gun to did something stupid and I can't cover my ass. Don't say not to sell the gun to the knucklehead. Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone's got problems as those problems don't always show. You never know.

We in NY not only have federal guidelines, but state and local too. For instance: I live in a suburb of Rochester NY I can have a FTF sale of a rifle or shotgun to anyone over the age of 18 no involvement of an FFL. I cannot sell, dispose of, or transfer a firearm in the "city" of rochester unless I am an FFL and abide by the AWB that was in place before 2004. Handguns are a different story all together. If you want to sell a handgun that you have it has to be registered and recorded on your CCW permit. You can only sell to someone who also has a CCW or is an FFL. Both partys have to go the the county clerks office and produce their CCW permits and fill out a form for the transfer. The gun is then removed from the sellers CCW and added to the buyers CCW, nice huh? I can't get high cap mags for my AK's sent to me from outside the state, but I can by all I want locally as long as they were manufactured before 1994. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. And if you say a gun was stolen, it had better be within 48 hours of when it went missing or you face a BIG fine and jail time.

insider
11-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Moral of the Story: Don't sell guns to people you don't know! I always ask for ID, and or CWP, military ID is good too. A receipt? Most deals are done on a handshake. I don't like your looks, I don't sell you a gun.

:bouncing-boobies:

smittylite
12-05-2011, 09:43 AM
For FTF sales I always preface a deal with "Are you willing to sign a Bill-of-Sale and provide photo ID?" If they're not, then no-sale. This is the text of the Bill-of-Sale I use:

The undersigned “Seller”, in consideration of Fair Market Value, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, does now sell, transfer and convey the following described “Firearm” together with all accompanying accessories, to the “Buyer” named below.
Seller hereby warrants that Seller is the lawful owner of the Firearm, that such Firearm is free of all encumbrances, and that Seller has the right to sell the firearm.
Seller transfers the firearm to Buyer on an “as is” basis and makes no warranties whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, usability or fitness for particular purpose. Seller further disclaims any liability with regard to future possession, storage, or use of the firearm. Seller relies on buyers acknowledgements listed below in making this transfer.
• Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is under no legal disability preventing transfer, possession, or use of the firearm.
• Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is purchasing the firearm for their own, personal use.
• Buyer further acknowledges that Buyer is a citizen of the United States of America and a resident of the State of Arizona.

J.U.
11-25-2012, 12:44 PM

Shoot safely

Can you send me a PDF copy of this Bill of sale to Ungericht@gmail.com Thanks