PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into Archery

AKM
05-27-2013, 02:52 AM
Hmmmmmm, An Archery section! No shit! Damn, I guess that I need to look at the Site more instead of just lurk around General Discussion. I am just now starting to get the itch for Traditional again. I got depressed a while back cause I ain't worth a shit at shooting and I sold all my good bows. I sold a A&H Archery Longbow and a Tradtech Titan Recurve. I will soon be trying to get my longbow back. If that doesn't work out, I will get another Titan.
Any other Traditional guy here?

was_peacemaker
05-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Hmmmmmm, An Archery section! No shit! Damn, I guess that I need to look at the Site more instead of just lurk around General Discussion. I am just now starting to get the itch for Traditional again. I got depressed a while back cause I ain't worth a shit at shooting and I sold all my good bows. I sold a A&H Archery Longbow and a Tradtech Titan Recurve. I will soon be trying to get my longbow back. If that doesn't work out, I will get another Titan.
Any other Traditional guy here?

Traditional here. Got a Stotler Game Buster Longbow, and two vintage Hoyt Pro-Medalist recurves. In fact today I am going to be starting the long process of rebuilding a backstop. Going with compressing cardboard...its a long process but it lasts a long time.

What do you use for a backstop? I am open to simpler suggestions.

AKM
05-27-2013, 03:06 PM
I've had big bag targets and foam targets. Right now, I have a Rinehart Turkey and a foam target that I bought at Lancaster Archery Supply but it's only good for about a 30# traditional bow.