PDA

View Full Version : Dent in a 30 round mag!!!!

shotgunbobby1
05-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Hey there guys/gals!!
I have a 5.56 norinco and one of my 30 rounders has a small dent on the front of the mag about 3-4 inches down on the left side. At first I didn't think anything about it until I tried to load it! It only holds about 15 rounds before the left side bullets tip just barely rubs the dent and causes it to hang up. I am able to push them past it however it does not flow well. I tried to force it out with a small crowbar thing that I have to remove nails. Needless to say its a steal mag and it would not budge. I was thinking of possibly finding a dremmel tool to sand the inside down just a hair to see if fit will work?!

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Shotgunbobby1

El Laton Caliente
05-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Go to a welding shop or metal supply and buy a piece of ¾" square stock steel about 12" long. Clamp it to a bench or in a suitable vise. slide the mag onto your new "mag anvil" and beat the dent out with a rubber mallet. I've done this with a couple of dozen surplus mags.

shotgunbobby1
05-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Interesting in deed!! Thanks!

El Laton Caliente
05-28-2013, 09:56 PM
depending on where/how you clamp it you may want it a little longer....

l921428x
05-28-2013, 10:15 PM
depending on where/how you clamp it you may want it a little longer....

That Sir is what she said!!

Welcome SGBobby1

deth502
05-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Go to a welding shop or metal supply and buy a piece of ¾" square stock steel about 12" long. Clamp it to a bench or in a suitable vise. slide the mag onto your new "mag anvil" and beat the dent out with a rubber mallet. I've done this with a couple of dozen surplus mags.

^^^ this, only you may want to go with a 1/2"x3/4" to get it inside the mag. not sure the inside dims of teh mag, but 3/4" sounds a bit much