PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Shore Borough, PA - ordinance banning firearms in parks

Gunreference1
09-15-2010, 04:12 AM
Jersey Shore Borough Council to install lights on walking path

September 14, 2010 - By MIKE REUTHER
mreuther@sungazette.com

Tim Havener, of Lock Haven, advised council its existing ordinance banning firearms in parks violates both the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and state laws.

Havener, a member of the group Firearms Owners Against Crime, said both federal and state laws clearly allow citizens the right to bear arms.

To read the whole story click the link below.

http://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/553616/Jersey-Shore-Borough-Council-to-install-lights-on-walking-path.html?nav=5011

Steve

imanaknut
09-15-2010, 08:57 AM
We have the same problem here in Indianapolis. The "great" mayor of the city, who used to be a marine (and I mean that with full disrespect to the mayor and not Marines in general) has decided that firearms are not allowed in city parks, and the main north/south walking/biking trail is considered a city park.

I am not surprised when almost monthly someone is mugged or robbed or beaten within the city limits, but further north in the next county, where I reside, there has not been any reported incidents that I know of.

Yes it is not easy in the summer time to carry while riding a bike, but at least I know in my part of the riding trail I have a fighting chance, and criminals know that so take their practice to the city part of the trail.

Will politicians ever learn??? And this guy used to be a Jar Head!!!