PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll know what this is?

AKM
06-10-2013, 08:27 PM
It's a free dollar! Is also a free fountain drink at Circle K!

I was cleaning the outside of a Theater a couple of weeks ago and I found a twenty. Someone had been holding the twenty in their palm while they were holding a McDonalds cup. They put the cup down and the twenty was stuck to the side. LOL

Anyone else find money lately?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/11/ve7ahemy.jpg

Kadmos
06-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Found 30 cents in the washer, and $5 in a coat pocket last week.

Of course it was my money in the first place.

I did see a penny on the ground with some gum or something on it a few days ago, but I defied my genetics and left it there ;)

AKM
06-10-2013, 09:27 PM

I did see a penny on the ground with some gum or something on it a few days ago, but I defied my genetics and left it there ;)

Sam Walton would have have said screw the gum........I want that that damn penny! You see where that kind of attitude got him.

Oswald Bastable
06-10-2013, 09:31 PM

ROTFLMAO...

That was good! :)

Kadmos
06-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Sam Walton would have have said screw the gum........I want that that damn penny! You see where that kind of attitude got him.

Dead.

He shouldn't have picked up that disease riddled penny!

AKM
06-10-2013, 10:28 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/11/puga5e2a.jpg

Kadmos
06-10-2013, 10:33 PM

A bored person with a camera?

Helen Keller
06-10-2013, 10:34 PM
BAIT???

imanaknut
06-10-2013, 10:42 PM

A Bloomberg sting.

AKM
06-10-2013, 10:45 PM
A bored person with a camera?

A bored person with an iPhone!

Kadmos
06-10-2013, 11:21 PM
A bored person with an iPhone!

Somehow I didn't think it was one of these....

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMrqmxk4FHr4_E4Fi_QHeB43bfaHq0L Qrv1Vqn4lY4HYoSeeCh2w

But I'm not much of a tech guy.

My cell is probably closer to this..
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7gYxsN5ovKsNixPAZMaMDutJ3Cx_bu LcN5MRj2kRZP6Jy_xQn

Than it is to an iPhone

JTHunter
06-10-2013, 11:34 PM
It's a "Bloomie-banned" soda! That's over 16 ounces!
:naughty:

Woogiebear
06-11-2013, 07:25 AM
A while back I decided I was going to buy an AK. Started looking on the ground everywhere for lost change. Gas stations, theaters, buildings, parking lots. On average I found 11 cents a day. About 3/4 of the cost of my AK was paid for from change I picked up. It took forever, but its mine now.

Zoff12
06-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Didn't find money but I did find a ring. I was taking a fishing trip in my Yak down the river. Stopped on a sandbar to stretch a bit and, as I got out of the boat, I saw a shiny thing. Being the ever curious person I am, I picked it up and saw it was a gold/diamond ring. Thought it was something cheap but dropped it in my pocket anyway. Showed it to the wife and she flipped... told me it was real diamond. Took it to a pawn shop... she didn't want it.... and got a cool grand, Not too shabby.

Krupski
06-11-2013, 10:14 AM

I did see a penny on the ground with some gum or something on it a few days ago, but I defied my genetics and left it there ;):yeah:

davepool
06-11-2013, 02:25 PM
I found 2 100 dollar bills on the sidewalk outside of orange county airport 2 years ago, turned it in at the information desk just as a woman with 2 little kids came up crying about losing it. I could have bought a lot of ammo for 200 bucks, yea, yea, i know, i did the right thing, it sucks being a good Samaritan sometimes.

O.S.O.K.
06-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Aw, you did good. What goes around, comes around. You'll see.

Dr. Gonzo GED
06-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I found 2 100 dollar bills on the sidewalk outside of orange county airport 2 years ago, turned it in at the information desk just as a woman with 2 little kids came up crying about losing it. I could have bought a lot of ammo for 200 bucks, yea, yea, i know, i did the right thing, it sucks being a good Samaritan sometimes.

You did the right thing. Especially in light of actually knowing who it belonged too. "Finders keepers" only counts if there's no one to claim the lost item. Personally, I'd feel like a dang thief pocketing that money while the real owner is crying about it. (Which is probably why I'm not ruthless enough to get rich in this lifetime...)

$200 means a lot to a mom with kids. That could have been all their travel money. The good you did has far more value than just about anything that can be bought for $200.

mrkalashnikov
06-11-2013, 03:37 PM

I would have taken that 200 bones & spent it on booze, cigars, & a cheap whore. The rest I would've squandered....

j/k you did the righteous thing, of course. ;)

silentkilla
06-11-2013, 03:52 PM

the drink you bought with the dollar???

davepool
06-11-2013, 04:45 PM
You did the right thing. Especially in light of actually knowing who it belonged too. "Finders keepers" only counts if there's no one to claim the lost item. Personally, I'd feel like a dang thief pocketing that money while the real owner is crying about it. (Which is probably why I'm not ruthless enough to get rich in this lifetime...)

$200 means a lot to a mom with kids. That could have been all their travel money. The good you did has far more value than just about anything that can be bought for $200.

It turned out that it was all she had to travel on back to Georgia. One of the kids got into her purse for a piece of gum on the way into the airport, when she stopped to pick up her wallet and other stuff that fell out while he did this, the 2 folded up bills fell out, she was in a hurry to get to the plane and didn't stop to check her wallet till they got to the security check point.

I was on the receiving end of a good Samaritan when i was dating my wife. I stopped at a pay phone(no cell phones in those days) to tell her i would be by to pick her up and go christmas shopping. I had just cashed my check and had $725 in my wallet which i left behind at the phone. i didn't realize it until i got to her house. Went home completely bummed out when my grandpa called and said a guy had just called him( his # was in my wallet) and said he found my wallet at the phone booth. I went over to the guys house in not so nice an area and he handed me the wallet with all the money. From the looks of the guys house he really could have used the money and he absolutely refused a reward, just gave me a hug and said merry christmas.

It took 30 some years,but i finally got to return the favor to someone.

AKM
06-11-2013, 07:00 PM

$200 means a lot to a mom with kids. That could have been all their travel money. The good you did has far more value than just about anything that can be bought for $200.Knowing who the money belonged to is the only way that I would have have given up the $200.00. In my job, driving sweeper trucks cleaning malls, shopping centers etc, I probably find money more than most people. My policy for the past 22 years has been the same. If I find a wallet with I'd, I get it back to the owner even if I have to eat the shipping costs. I have found a bank envelope with cash and a bank reciept. My wife took it to the local branch of Sun Bank and they contacted the owner and he picked up his cash. The only time that I have ever found cash and didn't spend it immediately is when I found over $400.00 on a parking lot in a shopping center. I took it home and my wife and I held onto it for a couple of weeks. If someone at that shopping center had put up a flyer saying they lost money, I would have given it up. Other than that, I have found all denominations of cash and never once thought about finding the owner.

Helen Keller
06-11-2013, 07:14 PM
http://bucultureshock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/stereotypes.jpg

silentkilla
06-11-2013, 07:43 PM
http://bucultureshock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/stereotypes.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!! THATS JUST JACKED UP!!!! HAHAHAHA

AKM
06-15-2013, 03:26 AM
Some drunk bastard lost $7.00 tonight! LOL

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/5e3e8a7y.jpg

silentkilla
06-15-2013, 07:41 AM
damn! i might need to change my freaking career

Punk
06-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Now you can get Polar Pop AND a bag of jerky!

El Duce
06-15-2013, 08:05 AM
When I was in Switzerland, I was in a bar. I watched a guy drop a 1k swiss note. I picked it up, tapped the guy on the shoulder and said, hey buddy you dropped this. He didn't even buy me a beer!

Years ago, I was in New York, looked down and found a blank check written out for like 700 in cash. Right across the street from the bank. Mailed it to the person, never heard back.

AKM
06-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Now you can get Polar Pop AND a bag of jerky!I went to Chick Filet this morning and had a #3 meal. That is a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, hash brown and a drink of some sort. Not sure of the drink that it comes with cause I always get a large coke with light ice. Oh...........I upgraded the hash brown to a large so that I could share with my dog. Total cost.............$5.50. I have enough left over to buy two 44oz Polar Pops tonight!:dancingsmile:

AKM
06-15-2013, 08:09 AM
When I was in Switzerland, I was in a bar. I watched a guy drop a 1k swiss note. I picked it up, tapped the guy on the shoulder and said, hey buddy you dropped this. He didn't even buy me a beer!

Years ago, I was in New York, looked down and found a blank check written out for like 700 in cash. Right across the street from the bank. Mailed it to the person, never heard back.You are a very decent person.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-15-2013, 11:24 AM

Years ago, I was in New York, looked down and found a blank check written out for like 700 in cash. Right across the street from the bank. Mailed it to the person, never heard back. That's friggin terrible. I'd be all over myself to find out who turned that in and thank them. Todays society I guess.

Dr. Gonzo GED
06-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Some drunk bastard lost $7.00 tonight! LOL

Sheit, bro! That'll get you a decent lunch at 7-11. Get yourself a deli sammich, a bag of chips, an Arizona tea and you got just enough left for a candy bar or a Lotto Scratcher! (Or you could just eat ALL THE HOTDOGS)

BOOYAH!