PDA

View Full Version : San Crisobal de La Habana petite corona (Cuban)

El Jefe
06-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Okay, this is another of the sticks I got in the corona sampler from FOH.

http://s8.postimg.org/84ra3yikl/hoyo_x_and_san_cristobal_014.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

This is a cuban cigar brand I had never heard of. As I understand it, this is the most recently created brand from the golden isle, created in 1999.

These are not expensive, if you buy by the box they're about $4.25 per stick.

These have a very similar flavor profile IMO to the Hoyo Epicure. This has the same coffee and baking spices with the occasional floral note. They are a bit milder than the Hoyo's and I'd say a little less complex in flavor, but still quite good. A great smoke for the money. I'm looking forward to trying one of their bigger smokes.

All things taken into account, a damned good cigar! ;)

TEN-32
06-14-2013, 03:26 PM
You are OUT OF CONTROL! :roflmao::roflmao:

El Jefe
06-14-2013, 03:38 PM
You are OUT OF CONTROL! :roflmao::roflmao:

Heh, you don't know the half of it. ;)

I'd tell ya what I have on order right now, but you'd probably throw rocks! :anim_beer-1:

CigarGuy
06-14-2013, 04:01 PM
You are doing well, Grasshopper.

El Jefe
06-14-2013, 04:32 PM
You are doing well, Grasshopper.

:)

CG, how is Nawlins treating you guys? Lucky dog. ;)

CigarGuy
06-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Outstanding! Had about 8 guys last night, along with 3 wives and my daughter. She enjoys hanging with us as much as the ladies. Host made fried catfish and fries in his deep frier and another blackened redfish. Man, it was good.
There were about 50-60 cigars brought for sharing, 25 of which were Habanos Bolivar Petite Coronas.
Then we started to do the "have you tried this" from our stash and back and forth. Probably had one burning the whole time, save for when eating. Lots of beer, a 1/2 bottle of Pappy, and other stuff.
Today is the crawfish boil. Midday till late into the night. I'm the designated driver, so the only beer I will have is Root.
Have I mentioned how hot it is in Louisiana this time of year?

El Jefe
06-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Wow! Sounds awesome, that Pappy Van Winkle is rare stuff. Did you notice by chance its age? That bottle probably cost a $100 or more.

Sounds like damned fine eats too. Did you try one of the Bolivar's? I've got one of those coronas thats going fishing with me next week. :)

Its hot and humid about everywhere right now it looks like, tho, its dipped down out of the 90's here and todays high is only around 80.

Well, keep on keepin on!

CigarGuy
06-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Pappys was 15, I believe? Yeah. He said $108.
The Boli was an '03, so nice age on it.

TEN-32
06-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Sounds like you're livin the dream cigar guy!

CigarGuy
06-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Bunch of great guys assembled. I think you'd fit right in!

El Jefe
06-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Sounds like you're livin the dream cigar guy!

No kidden, aged Cubans and Pappy Van Winkles, plus awesome food! Damn, I hate this guy! ;)