PDA

View Full Version : un small arms treaty

deth502
06-14-2013, 08:53 PM
so, the us, "much to the administrations dismay" didnt sign into the treaty. yeah, this is old news. but this just hit me today.

now, its been a while, so i forget most of the detail of the bill, but im watching the news this morning and they are going on about all of the arms and ammo were sending to syria now to arm the rebels, and then i think back to the story last week about the billions and billions of guns and ammo the us keeps funneling into afghanistan and iraq. add to that all of the other arms being supplied to egypt and.... pretty much every god damned where, i gotta wonder if there isint a reason that the govt is not so quick to jump on the small arms treaty bandwagon??????

Oswald Bastable
06-15-2013, 06:37 AM
so, the us, "much to the administrations dismay" didnt sign into the treaty. yeah, this is old news. but this just hit me today.

now, its been a while, so i forget most of the detail of the bill, but im watching the news this morning and they are going on about all of the arms and ammo were sending to syria now to arm the rebels, and then i think back to the story last week about the billions and billions of guns and ammo the us keeps funneling into afghanistan and iraq. add to that all of the other arms being supplied to egypt and.... pretty much every god damned where, i gotta wonder if there isint a reason that the govt is not so quick to jump on the small arms treaty bandwagon??????

Lurch has already said they're gonna sign it later this summer, though it still needs to be ratified by the senate with a super-majority. However, if you think for a moment it will apply to the US's running of guns to the islamo-fascists (or anyone else) you've another think coming. The only purpose of that treaty is to disarm us.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Lurch has already said they're gonna sign it later this summer, though it still needs to be ratified by the senate with a super-majority. However, if you think for a moment it will apply to the US's running of guns to the islamo-fascists (or anyone else) you've another think coming. The only purpose of that treaty is to disarm us.
Yeah since when does gov't follow their own laws?

deth502
06-16-2013, 02:38 PM
but its not "their on law", its a 3rd party law with an outside force to regulate and enforce it.