PDA

View Full Version : Padron 1926 Rothschild Maduro.

El Jefe
06-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Howdy, fellas. Here we have one of the Padron 1926 in a maduro wrapper. I had been wanting to try these for some time, but since they're expensive and the fact I knew very little about them I hadn't.

This is a small stick, 4" x 48. I think that 48 ring size may be a little optimistic. Basically its a 30 minuet smoke.

http://s15.postimg.org/lsys7cud7/bomb_cigars_faitas_ect_054.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I knew since CG said he liked these that it would be a full strength cigar and it is. Pretty smooth tho, at the start it gives off lots of earth and wood flavors. After the first 3rd I got some really nice black coffee notes, pretty tasty. Past the halfway point it starts to emit subtle dark chocolate along with the coffee, wood and earth. It also intensifies in strength, I have to dial down my herf a bit to not get overwhelmed.

I ended up nubbing this thing and quite enjoyed it. I think I'd like it more if it had some spice notes like nutmeg or something and I wish the chocolate was more pronounced, but its a good cigar. These aren't cheap, $11.00 for a half hour smoke is steep IMO, but its time and cash well spent I suppose. ;)

Personally, for $11.00 I can get a bigger, Cuban cigar that will last longer and taste better. I kinda figured that would be the case and that's why I just bought a fiver vs a whole box.

TEN-32
06-16-2013, 10:51 AM
I like Padron cigars as a rule. Never had this particular stick. I think you would like Rocky Patels. If you've never had one, give it a whirl.

El Jefe
06-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I like Padron cigars as a rule. Never had this particular stick. I think you would like Rocky Patels. If you've never had one, give it a whirl.

Lets see, I tried one of the RP Connecticut churchills, it wasn't bad, tad too mild tho.

I also have a stick in my Humidor that CG sent me. It looks good, but has "inferno" written on it, so I've been a little wary of it. :tinfoil:

TEN-32
06-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Try one of their "Edge" series. Not mild at all.

El Jefe
06-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Try one of their "Edge" series. Not mild at all.

Okay, I'll grab a fiver when they show up on cbid.