PDA

View Full Version : My Father Le Bijou 1922 Churchill

TEN-32
06-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Well, I have to say this is yet another great smoke. Thanks J for pulling me out of my cigar rut/comfort zone. I'm really enjoying trying some new cigars and exchanging impressions of them here. The Humidor forum has been revitalized!

I was going to burn a Cohiba today until I realized that this one seemed to "fit" better on Father's Day.

Now, this puppy has no problems with construction. Draw is effortless and lots of thick creamy smoke is your reward. The flip side of that is the ash...about a half inch is all I could manage before it dropped. No matter, the draw is more important. Strength is med-strong. Cocoa is predominant. I'm about 1/4 down. I'll edit if anything changes.
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/7836/f3ji.jpg

El Jefe
06-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Good luck, you pairing this with anything? :)

TEN-32
06-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Good luck, you pairing this with anything? :)

LOL, actually yes. A small glass of tawny port.

Final thoughts...it spiced up a bit for the second half. I had to relight a few times.

El Jefe
06-16-2013, 12:56 PM
LOL, actually yes. A small glass of tawny port.

Final thoughts...it spiced up a bit for the second half. I had to relight a few times.

Tawny port eh? Talk to me about port, I've never drank any. :)

TEN-32
06-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Sweet dessert wine. I had some leftover from making Glogg over Christmas. This is just el cheapo but there is some pricey stuff out there. My wife likes it once in a while. I'm far from an expert, Now glogg...thats some good shit man.

El Jefe
06-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Sweet dessert wine. I had some leftover from making Glogg over Christmas. This is just el cheapo but there is some pricey stuff out there. My wife likes it once in a while. I'm far from an expert, Now glogg...thats some good shit man.

Glogg, WTF?

TEN-32
06-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Glogg, WTF?

Let me see if I can find my recipe...its a spiced, fortified wine that you drink warm. More of a winter thing.

El Jefe
06-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Let me see if I can find my recipe...its a spiced, fortified wine that you drink warm. More of a winter thing.

Kinda like mulled wine or something? I've honestly never heard of it.

Back on the port deal tho, I, as I'm sure you have, have read several times about guys drinking port with their cigars. I've never tasted a drop of it as I said. I will, on occasion, get on a dry red kick. But at the end of the day, as Sir Winston told us, whiskey and cigars are just freaking made for each other! I'm pretty sure thats paraphrased. ;)