PDA

View Full Version : Are these the people you want to support?

5.56NATO
06-16-2013, 03:03 PM
"One does not really need to support the people who not only kill their enemies, but open up their bodies, eat their intestines in front of the public and cameras," Putin said.

"Are these the people you want to support? Are they the ones you want to supply with weapons? Then this probably has little relation to the humanitarian values preached in Europe for hundreds of years."

http://news.yahoo.com/u-puts-jets-jordan-fuels-russian-fear-syria-133442086.html

LAGC
06-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Russia's just pissed that their little errand boy Assad is about to be overthrown.

They have some pretty lucrative contracts with the Syrian government, and they know they are about to lose it all if the rebels win.

That's what you get for putting all your eggs in the wrong basket and supporting a corrupt dictator, el Putin.

Ruskiegunlover
06-16-2013, 03:28 PM
This is a mistake. We should stay out of it. Let them buy their own arms, and fight their own fight. We cannot GIVE THEM freedom, independence, OR MORALITY (which the entire region has not).....

The world WANTS to destroy itself.

Dr. Gonzo GED
06-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Russia's just pissed that their little errand boy Assad is about to be overthrown.

They have some pretty lucrative contracts with the Syrian government, and they know they are about to lose it all if the rebels win.

That's what you get for putting all your eggs in the wrong basket and supporting a corrupt dictator, el Putin.

JMHO we shouldn't be putting our eggs in that basket either.

This is some Cold War style proxy $%*&. A bunch of bigger outside interests investing more and more blood into some rinky dink regional conflict that threatens to engulf everybody.

alismith
06-16-2013, 07:58 PM
I agree. We should not get involved in this. Let the Muzzies take care of their own cancer...er...I mean let them take care of their own problems. Muzzie killing Muzzie is not a bad thing.

Anyway, they aren't looking for freedom. They're just changing one radical Islamist for another. Same shit; different shovel.

Penguin
06-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Chalk up another vote for we should stay out of it. I fail to see any reason for us to get involved and see several reasons why we shouldn't.

stevelyn
06-16-2013, 10:19 PM

So allowing the Muzzie Bro'hood to take over is a better alternative?

stinker
06-17-2013, 12:47 AM

I'll take that corrupt dictator over the coming alternative thank you.
Look at what is near the heart of the whole damn thing in a rather key strategic position.

And gee, i wonder who that northern border of the empire belongs to these days?
The Russians have damn good reasons to be concerned.

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/the-growth-of-the-ottoman-empire.jpg