PDA

View Full Version : Obama: 'Lives have been saved' by NSA programs

5.56NATO
06-19-2013, 04:36 PM
"This is not a situation in which we are rifling through ordinary emails" of huge numbers of citizens in the United States or elsewhere, the president declared during a news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. He called it as a "circumscribed, narrow" surveillance program.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-lives-saved-nsa-programs-114733804.html

We all know how likely it is that he's telling the truth.

alismith
06-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Last night, on the news, I heard a top NSA official claim that 32 "events" have been stopped before they could transpire due to government snooping, and arrests have been made.

Uh, why is this the first we're hearing about this? Even if they didn't say how they obtained the info, I think we would have heard something about terrorist activities being stopped by the heroric efforts of the NSA and DHS.

Now, all of a sudden (after being caught with their hands in the cookie jar), we're being bombarded with how important it is for the government to snoop (even if it is illegal), and how much safer we are today.

I'm not buying this at all.

p.s.-There's a sure-fire way to tell when Obama is lying....he opens his mouth.

Gunner1558
06-20-2013, 10:05 AM
And what is one more lie going to do?

There seems to be no straw too many for this particular camels' back.

studmuffin
06-20-2013, 11:40 AM
For all we know 32 potential attacks were prevented. In the mean time our trust has been violated. Trading personal freedoms for alleged safety is not the solution.

imanaknut
06-20-2013, 11:50 AM
We all know that the liar-in-chief operates by the "If if Saves Just One Child" rule to justify everything. I am not even going to talk about how a maniac can take that to it's illogical conclusion in a so-called "free" society.

5.56NATO
06-20-2013, 01:32 PM
For all we know 32 potential attacks were prevented. In the mean time our trust has been violated. Trading personal freedoms for alleged safety is not the solution.

I am willing to bet that the fbi pulled entrapment on each and every one of them.

Krupski
06-20-2013, 04:28 PM

No, NSA Spying Did NOT Prevent a Terror Attack on Wall Street

NSA Grasps at Straws
In response to the revelation that the NSA has been illegally spying on all Americans for more than a decade, NSA chief General Keith Alexander claimed that the spying prevented a terrorist attack on Wall Street and the New York subway.

There’s only one problem: the claim is completely false.

Read the rest: http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/06/no-nsa-spying-did-not-prevent-a-terror-attack-on-wall-street.html

You know damn well that the government will lie in order to cover and/or justify their illegal, unconstitutional acts. Why? Because the stupid sheeple will believe them... and what's more the stupid sheeple will accuse anyone who doubts the government a "conspiracy theorist" or a "kook".

It's win/win for them.

Krupski
06-20-2013, 04:32 PM
I am willing to bet that the fbi pulled entrapment on each and every one of them.

Probably, but that's no defense.

If some undercover agent came up to me and said "Psssttt... you wanna buy some explosives (or whatever)" I would not have any interest. If fact, I'd get their info and turn THEM in.

You cannot "entrap" an honest person.

I am sure, though, that the FBI or some other agency found stupid suckers, entrapped them into doing something stupid and illegal, busted them and then claimed "We saved America again!".

The gullible American public will always fall for it, so why not? The sheep don't mind their leash, so why bother taking it off? After all, it's not like they are going to COMPLAIN.

Dr. Gonzo GED
06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
If some undercover agent came up to me and said "Psssttt... you wanna buy some explosives (or whatever)" I would not have any interest. If fact, I'd get their info and turn THEM in.

IIRC, that actually hapened to an FBI agent provacatuer who was trying to radicalize a mosque in southern California.

He came in preaching jihad and looking for props at their prayer groups and they called his own field office on him.